1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roof snow removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rich414, Feb 25, 2015.

1. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I have a few account that want the snow removed from their roofs, I have used a HD bought snow rake tool, then I saw this thing on facebook. Anyone know where they can be purchased?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmN9xf8WUnc

2. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

We make em

3. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Want one or two

4. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

do you have a website??

5. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Will send you a pm

6. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks cool and simple enough to make. The hardest part would be the "slip-n-slide" part of the tool.

7. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Same only different. HERE

8. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

looked at videos on YouTube of this and it looks like a failed design, Snow conditions and how long the snow has sat on the roof are a huge issue. I called Avalanche and asked if the product broke, didn't work etc what was their return policy, they said that it would not break and I would have no reason to return it, and if i did return it there was a restocking fee...I don't work that way. if your product is that AWESOME you need to stand behind it.
    I sent them the below video asking what the problem was and no response..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_JN9WNwwms

9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I agree. You either make a good product or you don't. Doesn't look like theirs is near as good as the first one. Too much pole flex to be any real help.

10. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I sent you a PM call me!!

11. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

made a thingie last night

made this roof snow slide last night, but it too heavy. 16" wide, 12" deep and 14" tall, but it WORKS GREAT!!!

roof 1.jpg

12. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

nice ideas but sharp edges going against the shingles will break them....some small plastic wheels like the store bought ones would avoid the problem

13. MinnSNOWta

MinnSNOWta Junior Member
    from Vermont

Check out the Roof Razor at www.MinnSNOWtaOnline.com/p/video-gallery. It won't pickup the shingles and is made in the USA.