1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roof snow pics....

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Humvee27, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Heres a before and now picture of a place I plow....the before is earlier in the year...the later is now....look at the roof, see how much snow is up there....I'm gonna be pulling that off soon for the customer....oh boy, I just love that...not

Snowplow 004.jpg

12-24-08 5 008.jpg

2. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

Here is my house and it was not that heavy of a snow year, I will try and find pictures of the heavy snow year. Take care...Jeff

[​IMG]

3. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

Found a few more, these were decent snow years and I had to do some repairs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Thats just crazy....although with that metal roof I would have thought it would slid off before building up so much....nice looking house....love the dog too....any structural stuff that you had to repair?

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

It looks like fluffy snow would a back pack blower have enough power to blow it off? I have done that before and it worked great. About 4 years ago me and about 6 other guys shoveled the roof of Wal-Mart because other Wal-Marts in our area were having the roofs collapse inside. That stuff was all wet and heavy snow. It took us all night.

6. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

The problem is, there is a valley on each side that keeps it trapped, very bad design for a house in the mountains that receive a lot of snow. I had to repair the decks and we had a new roof put on this year, the old one was about 23 years old. We also put a fresh coat of stain on this summer, actually 2 color coats and one clear coat.

Here is a picture with the fresh stain, new railings and roof.
    [​IMG]

7. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

My garage and storage shed with 8 days of snowfall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. David 06 Ranger

David 06 Ranger Member
    from canada

I'm not a big fan of electric melters for roofs but damn, yours is metal. I would instal them all along the bottoms and watch the snow pour off!

9. Ram4045

Ram4045 Junior Member

Thats some serious snow, just had to take off about 5 feet of my folks roof.

10. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

I intended to this summer, time just gets away from you though.

Wow, five feet is a lot of snow. I don't even have that much on mine yet. Take care...Jeff

11. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Nice job with the staining and all....I'd add the ice melters too, especially up those valleys...man....isn't that why most "ski resorts" are a-frames....lol....anyway, hopefully you won't have too much more like that....I never did wind up having to pull that snow off....it went up to 35 and raining for a day here a couple days later after this first post...lol....money just pouring off the roof....

12. Ram4045

Ram4045 Junior Member

We ended up getting about 85" in December, and now its up in the low 40's and roofs are collapsing everywhere more so the commercial roofs than residential. Really crazy winter so far.

13. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

My Dad's office park has all metal roofed buildings. Last year there was about 24" that accumulated on the 3 story building next to his. (the one that no-body parks on the end of for a reason) Well some doofus parks his celica on the end and something triggered the slide. The weight and impact of the snow buckled the cars uni-body. It was like a horse with a broken back.

14. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

thats alot of snow on the roof

15. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Pics? Thats funny....as long as it isn't your celica....:jester:

16. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

The record warm weather we've had in the past week has not only wiped out our snow, but caused the little that's left on my roof to slowly slide off,... it's amazing how much weight can just hang there & not break off,... wesport

Roof snow II (Small).JPG

Roof snow (Small).JPG

17. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

heres 3' that settled, the problem is itll drift so parts are nuts deep, but its hard to tell till you get up there, the longer you wait the harder and heavier it is, i did all my roofs yesterday, worked till dark and my back was feeling it but i bought a new 50 dollar shovel i wish i had bought years ago. lol
    [​IMG]