1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roof shoveling

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by andcon83, Jan 9, 2010.

1. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Just curious what people get to shovel off roofs. I do it by the job and try to get around $20-$25 per hour.

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

20-25 per hour??? must be residential. I would'nt do it from the ground let alone climb up there and risk falling for that. Local compamy here does ice dam removal for $200 hr.

3. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Yes its residential. I thought I was high priced at $25!! LOL

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

$25 an hour! You must not be properly insured, that would barely pay for my liability and comp.

$50 per hr minimum per person and $125 minimum per job.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

most people around my area (Auburn) get about $200 for a ranch

6. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Insurance??? What's that?? :laughing:

7. plowking15

plowking15 Member

Roof shoveling?..I used to do it in my younger days. I hated when I had to go reshovel off the porches,decks,walkways from the snow I had thrown down.Last year,a contractor in the next town tried to clean off his gazebo roof with his excavator bucket, he hit it to hard,it went to the dump in pieces. plowking

8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I must agree with every one here. I wouldn't climb a ladder let alone get on a roof for that. $35 a hour for my general contracting rate, but $50 for anything roof top with a $100 minimum.

9. burlingtonplow

burlingtonplow Member

How many people do you see on a roof during the winter. Roofers stop doing roofing for a reason.