1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

roof mounted plow lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rocksbite, Jan 23, 2012.

1. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

So it seems like the new state trucks here in pa have plow lights mounted to the roof of the cab. Being as I am very unhappy with my light set up. I'm wondering if anyone else is running these?

2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i would think that set up would be annoying during a snow fall with the lights reflecting the snow flakes at eye level

3. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

i worked for a small town here in NY back about 12 years ago. all of the plow trucks had 2 spotlights mounted to the roof. both on independant switchs and were controllable from inside the cab(similiar to cops spotlights). they made a world of difference on some nights and were worthless on others, depended on the type of snow falling. sometimes pointing them up into the sky worked the best, sometimes they were pointed down on the road in various places, they also got pointed at the ditches with the regular headlights off. didn't need to know what was infront of us, just were the ditches and poles were. :)

4. tbock09

tbock09 Junior Member

i'v never used or seen cab lights on trucks when plowing, but all loaders have lights on the cab and the reflecting is not that big a deal. i don't see why it wouldn't work.

5. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to have the parking and turn signal with it