1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

roof marker lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by k&j Landscaping, Dec 31, 2008.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Anyone install aftermarket roof cab lights on a gmc that does not have oem lights? Can you give supplier and degree of difficulty for installation. Any good website?

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

http://www.gorecon.com/ they have nice one here

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi K&J
    Why not do what I did. I went to a GM dealer and bought everything I needed. You will need 3 lights a wire harness and thats it. The wire harness runs down the right A post and plugs into the juction box on the right end of the dash, remove the small panel and you will see the box. The hard part is the clips that hold the lights in from the factory are square so I drilled a round hole and use a small file to square up the corners. The other thing that has to be right is the location of the holes for the square clips. If the are off center you will have a hard time getting all of the screws in the marker lights. You need all of the screws to tighten up good, since this is how it seals against water leaks. You will also need to drop the headliner.

Good Luck Mike

4. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

5. pilotmdurst

pilotmdurst Junior Member

6. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Did you install yourself or have a body shop do it? How did it go?

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yep Did it myself, took about 4 hours or so. The hard part is getting the layout just right.

Good Luck Mike

8. pilotmdurst

pilotmdurst Junior Member

under downloads on the recon site there are instructions of the install. (just dodge but the measurement demo is the same for all)
    I also noted that when I droped my head liner there was holes in the frame where mine would have been if installed at the factory.