1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roof Clearance lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by FireParm84, Nov 20, 2005.

1. FireParm84

FireParm84 Junior Member

Hey guys,

I have a 1998 Dodge 2500 diesel. My roof clearance lights are not working. I checked the fuses and did not find any of then to be burned out. I pulled the cover off the A post and found a red wire that comes down from the headliner that is not hooked to anything. Where do they tie in to get power and what should I check? Immediate help would really be appreciated!!

Thank you

Please email me at fireparm84@aol.com

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Ring that wire out before just giving it power. To a continuety test from it to the terminal of a bulb. If you have the travel option with the overhead concole it might be one of those wires instead.

The lights connect to the light circuit at the switch- look for a broken matching wire under the dash near the a post. I'll try to check the wiring diagram tonight.