1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roof Beacon

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Dec 2, 2007.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Last Year When I Bought The Truck The Dealer Ran The Wire For The Roof Beacon And Put A Plug On The End Of It. Then They Tucked The Wire In The Third Light, Because It Was The End Of The Season.
    My Question Is When You Take The Wire Out Do You Have To Notch The Lens On The Third Light. It Appears It Won't Make A Good Seal And The Water Will Get In. It Is Only Two Wires, But Like I Said It Doesn't Fit Snug. Ant Info Would Be Appreciated.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes you will need to notch the opening for the 3rd brake light as well as the brake light itself. Put some touch up paint on it and then a little dab of silocone and you are all set. I did it on my 05 and have never had a problem.

Good Luck Mike

3. big bird

big bird Senior Member

i ran my wires threw the 3rd brake light and just put silicone around the lens not a leak

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats what I did too.