1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

roof beacon light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BOBKAT, Jan 24, 2003.

1. BOBKAT

BOBKAT Junior Member
    from NH

Hi , I am new to the site, and hope to have time to frequent it offen. I could use some help.

Has anyone connected the plow prep option for a flashing roof top warning beacon light.
    I found the wires over the headliner, but there is no power. My truck is a 2003 chevy. I have been told on the 2002s all you have to do is connect the wires, the rest is all factory wired and ready fore use. There is a switch in the dash, when I place it in the on position, ihear a pop in the speakers and the switch indicator light lights, but there is no power to the wires.
    The two local dealers don't seem knowledgeable about the wiring or option, but are willing to check it out. I don't have a very good feeling about that.

Could use help, or how to get wiring diagrams on the 2003s ? :confused: