1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roll Tarp for Sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by farmboy52787, Nov 20, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Does anyone use a roll tarp for covering there sander? I am using Magic Salt this winter and i want to keep it dry while in the sander because i like the extra weight when plowing during the storm. What do you use for keeping the material in your sander dry? There's a roll tarp kit 5 feet wide on ebay that I am considering purchasing because i think you can cut the tarp down to customize it. My sander is a fisher pro caster. Thank you for any advice
  2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

i went to a shop that makes covers for boats. They made me one out of heavy waterproof like rubber canvas i think. They even put the holes with metal rings. They made it a little loose so it fits when the load is rounded. All for around $100.00 Best thing I have bought in a while.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i bought a silver tarp for home depot and a few bungee cords 6x8

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

did the same thing for mine. cost me about $165 to have it made by a local shop, had it turned around in about 6 hrs. Will outlast a plain tarp by a long long time.

December 07A 005.jpg

December 07A 006.jpg
  5. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Stateline, i think i've seen you around in Ridgefield during lunch time at Genoa with the box truck..
  6. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

Fisher makes a nice vinyl cover that fits your Pro -Caster perfectly, I bought one in 2004 and love it.... Keeps stuff nice and dry. I think it was under $200.
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Best place to eat in town! we're there almost every day in the green season. what are you driving?
  8. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Indeed it is a great place to eat, anoter favorite is Parma Market.. But im in a Grey 2500 silverado with a trailer during the lawn season..
  9. farmboy52787

Ended up buying a roll tarp kit and used some heavy duty pond liner that was kicking around, its kind of stiff but will hold up and stay real tight so no water will get in.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Roll Tarp from messer with the asphault tarp instead of landscape tarp would had been your best bet. I have the rubber canvas deal works out nice easy on easy off.
    Did you have Maine Turf & Greenery Treat your salt pile with magic? What did they run you per ton applied?

11. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

im goin to home depot or lowes and picking up a small tarp with bungees for probably under $30
  12. farmboy52787

Roll Tarps from Messers are wicked expensive and not worth, got the Buyers one on Ebay instead, works mint. $34 per ton to treat my pile is what i was charged and yes Maine Turf did it. What business are you?