1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roll Off Body On Medium Duty With Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ColumbiaLand, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Just was wondering if anyone is currently running a medium duty plow vehicle with a roll off set up on it? We are in the process of setting one up.

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I have an f650 with a roll off system, don't plow with it as it is too big of a truck, but like the roll off aspect. Look for user threeleaf, he has a 550 and I think kenworth with a hook that he plows with, Defintely post pictures when its done.

What system you thinking about using?

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Its in the process, Switch and Go system on Ford F550. Getting several drop bodies, A flatbed and a chipper body.

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

nice yea thats what I have, my advice spend the extra now and go full hydraulics!

2 years in, I am in the process of converting! costs more now than it would had back when I built the truck.

5. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

we run a 550 2 wheel drive with a hooklift 9ft fisher plow and a 3 yrd spreader.. ill just say out of 17 plow trucks its prob my fav to plow with..
    we also have a plow for our kw t300 hooklift. it has a 10ft fisher mc and a 7yard spreader.. i think we have had it for 7or 8 years and never plow with it.. it spreades alot of salt thats about it.. i bought the plow just incase.

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I'm a pic *****, care to share any? I remeber they were damn nice trucks

7. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

your in luck i have to run to the shop after dinner ill get some new ones..they are both in the shop covered in salt from this mornings salt run

8. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

brand new f-550 with a SNG and bodies online for 59k not a bad price.

I would go with a hook over a SNG though.

A few nice 2008 36" hooks out there to.

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Subed for Pics....

10. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

here you go

i phone 064.jpg

11. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

i can get some better ones tomorrow if you guys want i will bring my camera up and pull them outside

i phone 062.jpg

i phone 018.jpg

12. MatthewG

Threeleaf - how about some feedback on the Ventrac

13. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

cant live with out them.. snow blower,broom,mower,leaf blower are a must..
    Broom works amazing on snow like we have had this year.. Snow Blower is a beast..
    How did you know we have them?
    3200 model desiels full cabs heat radio,turns on a dime..
    we have found you need a dedicated operator(cant jump guys around) You really have to know what your doing so you can move fast..
    we went from 11 shovlers at 7 hours to 4 shovlers and ventrac 3 hours on a site..
    problems we have had are electrical and somewhat easy to fix..
    parts are easy to get from any parts store or from dealer..
    i have some videos just have to upload

14. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

even dirty I like those trucks!

15. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I am in the process of replacing my 350 mason dump with a 550 rolloff. How do you like the hook? I am looking at the SNG as it is almost half the price.

16. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

your f350 is a nice truck.. always looks perfect.Why sell it?
    the hooklift is much faster then the switch and go.. i have used the sng and found other then speed and having to get out of the truck it did everything my hooklifts.
    the reason i went with hooklifts is i wanted somthing fast and idiot proof.

17. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

thanks
    how about some pics of your 650 i have always liked that truck

18. MatthewG

I see the ventrac in your pic, plus I really looked at them this summer

19. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I just had to replace the fuel tank and put in a new poly tank, filters and flushed the system, new tranny lines and fluid, and brakes a little over a year ago, painted the dump. Figured now was a good time as I just had it gone through front to back and I like to sell my equipment ready to roll. I find myself needing more capacity more often than not. Plus it is the truck that I drive all winter and it is only an XL and I am going to go for the XLT in the new one for a little more comfort. I would keep it but I don't really want the truck to sit, it is already a low mileage truck as its an 07 with 33k on it.

20. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

pic from the summer with the "dump body" on the ground. Great truck, best decision I ever made!

IMG_0062.jpg