1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rockers going bad on 93' Fixable?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kah68, Dec 28, 2012.

1. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

What do you think? For some reason it won't let me re post the pic but you can see it on '93', 01', or 05'?'.
  2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

The floor pans, inner and outer rockers are available. The key question is how are the cab mounts? If the cab mounts are getting punky, you might be better off finding a different cab.
  3. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Anything if fixable, question is it worth the time and hassle. Look south of you for a solid cab or a whole truck. If you can pick up another complete truck for $1k or less then you are saving a lot of time hassle. People often think swapping a cab is a nightmare, personally i would rather swap a cab than an engine and i have done plenty of both. Think about it, to pull the cab you need to pull the nose, 6-8 bolts, two radiator hoses, wire harness and the condensor if it has A/C. Then to pull the cab you have 4 bolts, intermediate shaft, pull the master cylinder off the vacuum booster and let it hang on the lines, e-brake cable, wire harness, shift linkage if auto and floor plates for shifter boots.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Find a d150 in the 1993 era. These trucks are normally not used too hard and often have very nice interiors in them still. Expecially due to the low entery height. I rebuilt a 93 once and would never do it again. To do so is similar to rehooking a worm.