1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rocker Panels

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by M&M, Mar 27, 2013.

1. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Well it finally happened. I had to bring my '02 into the body shop for rocker panel replacement. I didn't look at them too well since last fall when I thought they were in ok shape. They took a major turn for the worse over the winter. It's all good though, I'm surprised they lasted this long. Doing cab corners while it there too.

Last push of the year, I backed into a tree. I have been plowing this driveway for 8 years and I was looking out the wrong mirror. I caught the corner of the bumper and stoved in the bedside panel.

Killing 2 birds with one stone I guess. Once this body work is done, the truck will look and drive like a million bucks! Here's to another 3 winters and 80k (bring her right up to 250k) on the odometer till I upgrade!wesport

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to do rocker panels and cab corners on my 2002 Chevy 1500 this Spring to. It needs them pretty bad. You should post some before and after pictures.

3. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

who did you take it to?

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

If I had kept my 04' 2500, I would of needed some rocker panel work fairly soon. Post pics of the work when there done.

5. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Will get pics tomorrow. Hopefully its not too torn up yet. My good friend owns Buds Auto Repair on Mast Rd. In Manchester. They have one of the best body guys around and my buddy can paint like picaso. I'm not sure what the cost will be but I know it will be fair for both sides.

6. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I backed into a rock during the blizzad and crushed the area right under my tail light (didnt do any damage to the bumper or the light) been thinkin about getting it looked at. Ill have to take a ride over there to get a quote.

7. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Josh over there is my buddy. Tell them I sent you. They are a good people. My dad grew up with his dad many moons ago. I had a baseball sized dent above my tail light for 2 years now that they are fixing as well. I'll show you the work once it's done.

8. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I was able to get a Chevy 1500 crew cab 2012 (I think) as a rental car and I'll tell you what...I like my '02 3/4 ton better. Yeah the ride is smoother (obviously) but something is missing. It sits lower and it's not as responsive when you give it a little gas. There's a hesitation.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice and I realize it's a rental so it's a little stripped down but I was expecting more. It's very "plasticy" inside. Makes the 80k ahead of me in my truck easier to accept.

9. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Just had mine done,. It went into a buds shop for outers and cab corner work and when he cut the outers off the inners looked like swiss cheese. Very bad. so inners and outers are new. Also had a new lower panel put on my ext cab door. Came out good .Landrics customs (Mass) did the work .

10. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I'm having a hard time to upload pics but lets just say the passengers side had a hole 18" long and the drivers side was a days away from matching the passengers side. One cab corner was absolutely destroyed. They are also repairing the lower interior of the rear door on both sides. One definitely needs help and the other is close.

It's one of those things that while it's in there I better do it or I'll regret it. Since they have to paint both bed side panels, they are fixing a few dings and dents.

Normally, I would be nervous about all this work being done without a firm price but since it's a good friend I know I can trust them that they are looking out for my best interests.

I'll try to figure out the pics.

11. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

my pics wont load also.