1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rocker Panel Protectors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Dec 21, 2005.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

OK, I have a 1993 1500 that I am really anal about. I am thinking about putting mud flaps on the front to help cut down on the salt on the rocker panels, but I know the first time I plow with them I'll find a way to tear them off! Does anyone know of any stainless steel or diamond plate protectors that are made to cove the entire inside door rocker panel? I know that they make door sill protectors, but that is not enough!:help:
  2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i shot min with spray in bed liner
  3. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

OK, i live in california, but i live at 4000' elevation, we dont use salt here, but i feel your pain..im anal about my rides too..why not put on a good coat of wax before the crappy season??then hose your ride off after a run through
    the snow..

i know, what would i know...just a thought..:D
  4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The salt will still get over the truck, everywhere. Flaps are a good idea as they protect the paint from chipping.
    I like the Linex on the rockers, looks good and no more chipping.
  5. Jray3369

Jray3369 Junior Member

I just called linex today about it today and they said it would be $500 due to all the work of taping it off. But for a lifetime warr, i think it would be well worth it. I did spray on bed liner on my truck for this year but its getting repainted next spring and thats what im going to do. just fyi jordan
  6. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I sprayed mine with 3M body scotch (like a spray on bed liner) very durable.
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the spray in bedliner idea. I never thought of that. but $500 right now is a little much (we'll see hoe this winter goes!). I am going to go with the mudflaps first and see how well they do. The truck is waxed and it gets a wash after every plow (not just a spray).