1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rock Warrior

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by 2004 lb7, Nov 17, 2012.

1. 2004 lb7

2004 lb7 Junior Member

I'm ready to ditch my 2004 Chevy with a western for a Tundra and maybe a Boss standard duty. Any thoughts on plow performance In between the two set ups? Will the Rock Warrior with a Boss work out as well in sleet, wet snow, can you get wings on a standard duty.
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Tundra with a 7.5' Boss Standard Duty should be a better plow truck than your Chevy IMO. I like plowing with my Dad's Tundra a lot better than my Chevy 1500. The Tundra has a lot more power and it's a lot more rugged than the Chevy.
  3. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Boss plow ?

The Tundra will handle the Boss std duty but boss wings will not work on that plow. I run 2 tundras with the Boss superdutys 7.5 and 8 both handle the wings and so does the truck. We just installed a Boss 7.5 V on a Tundra last week, truck handle it. I work @ one of New Englands largest Boss Dealer,during my off season irrigation.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012