1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rochester Ny

Discussion in 'Weather' started by diehrd, Jan 24, 2007.

1. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

# Today: Snow flurries and snow showers. High 28F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches.

# Tonight: Snow showers early will become steadier snow overnight. Low around 15F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches. Heavier amounts in favored snowbelt locales.

# Tomorrow: Snow showers early will become steadier snow in the afternoon. High 17F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches. Heavier amounts in persistent snow bands.

# Tomorrow night: Cloudy with snow. Low 8F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Significant snow accumulation possible.

I have so far plowed 3 times real light snow..It will be fun if forecast is accurate,,,,FINALLY

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I've done my residentials 6 times -most were 2" plows though. I did them because I have a small route and its real tight to my house, I was already out doing my commercials and because we have been in the 20's this January I didn't want all those little accumulations turning to ice and building up.

my commercials I have been to 14 times so far, (I have a good contract that allows me to salt if the temps are below 32* and its has snowed).

I have to say the weather forecasts this year have been pretty bad, like yesterday they said a few flurries and it ends up putting 4" down!

3. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Looks good! I have had plowable snow in my driveway for the past 3 or 4 days. although we do get alot of drifiting. I can't wait for some more snow to push around.

4. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Ya my contracts are pure home owners and I trigger at 3 inches..SO I am looking forward to more snow, last year with the pre pays was big for me,,But this year I am down on clients because we had so little snow/

So hope fully we will get at least 15 trips in this season,,that will most likely get people to go back to yearly contracts ! !

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Forecasts around here this year are terrible. Hopefully ,sooner rather than later we will get one that is accurate.

I have the 3" trigger for my resis too but have gone out looking for the drifts. Actually found some too!!!

6. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

LOL drift rider . . . I never tried that...Seams like something to do for fun though .:bluebounc

7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Boredom makes you do funny things.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We ended up with 5-6 yesterday of all during business hrs. Had to fight cars all day.

9. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Hate plowing during the day!! People are jerks while you are trying to earn a buck.payup Nite plowing is the best!!

Feel for ya' grandview!!

10. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

We got 6 to 8"+ in Clarence. 5-6 in Amherst. Plowed everything twice, because what we plowed from 11am-2pm had another 3-5 in it, plus all the commercials were packed with cars. Whats worse during a day run, moron people or school buses ? I HATE DAY RUNS.
    BTW the new Salt Dogg is awesome.

Keith

11. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

I've gone out 5 times so far. Thurs & Fri should be fun!

12. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

seams the weather changed again LMAO...We had enough sun today to get a tan ha ha ha ha,,

And these people who forecast weather with scientific tools made by experts are from the same group who can say for positive we meager humans are causing the planet to warm up

Boy it is like selling sand to an Arab or dirt to a homeless person I just cant take it ! ! ! !

13. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Earthscapes

Hey Keith,

I am officially jealous.

Karl

14. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Plowed again today. Tomorrow will be my fourth day in a row.

15. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Ya in spite of changing forecasts I have gotten in some fun plowing..Today at 4 am was a riot I love early morning plowing it is like off roading in plain site :gunsfiring:

16. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

About time we got something decent!!!:nod: Looking good for tonight too!!:nod:

Good luck everyone!!

17. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

nope, got squat last night, its 8am and its just now getting close to 2 1/2- not exactly what they called for.

Mixed in some calcium with my rock salt last night 4* when I was plowing.

Toro started up on first pull, :bluebounc

18. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

We got about 8" on Wednesday night, and 4" last night in Palmyra. I was able to make 2 runs, and I'm sure I'll be making another run tonight. No problems with the new plow, or the little truck. I'm surprised at how well I can stack with this thing. she can build some nice piles for such a small truck.

19. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Ya i am in 14616 we have About 3 inches..Close enough I am warming up truck,mirrors and seats as I type :) Just want to avoid heavy traffic so I will be out by 8:30

20. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Karl, don't be jealous, you'll get it.
    Looked liked you guys got some yesterday and maybe this morning ?
    They keep calling for 1-3, but we've only got a 1/2". Just enough to salt

Good luck and be careful

Keith