1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rochester NY Thursday snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Handyman, Dec 14, 2005.

How much snow do you think we will get?

1. 0"-1"

2. 1"-2"

3. 2"-3"

4. 3"-4"

5. 4"-over

1. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

The news says there might be some work for us. What do you think?
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Don't count your chickens till they are hatched!!!
  3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Quit posting these damn polls they are jynxing (sp?) us!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe it till I see it. They said 5-7" for the storm last Thursday and we got 1-2"..

I think we have a better chance with this one, but I said the same thing about last weeks..:drinkup:
  4. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

We get paid even if we don't plow....Contracts.
  5. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

Accuweather is still predicting between 7-14 by noonish tommorow.doesnt seem likely that we will get passed by this time:(
  6. thisismurph

thisismurph Junior Member

Just hope it doesn't warm up too much and turns to slush
  7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We have residential contracts to 15 trips and then its billed additionally per visit. So we get paid if it doesn't snow, and we don't lose our butts if it snows like a mother all winter..

Road contracts for cul-de-sacs we have already been out salting for this event. All last night and then going out in 10 mins.

Commercial lots were pre-treated last night and will be treated before everyone leaves to go home tonight.

Nothing on the ground yet. Just some freezing rain and a few flurries 32F here at the shop.

Good luck tonight guys!