1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rochester Michigan Salt Supplier NEEDED

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GrandScapes, Nov 19, 2007.

1. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

I am looking for a bulk salt supplier in this area. There are 2 or 3 that I know of, but they always seem to either not be open, or are out of salt and my driver ends up having to come all the way back to Grand Blanc to reload. I honestly do not know how these places stay in business!!! Any help would be appreciated...

If you have a place where I could store bulk, I would be willing to work something out for that as well.

Thanks in advance!

2. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

I don't know if you've ever worked with Barry Bass at Bedrock Express, but I think he used to keep a pile at the Silverdome. He may have something for you. May be worth checking out.

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I would also suggest bedrock. I am not sure about the silverdome but from Rochester your guy and shoot straight across Walton to Dixie and use the Waterford location (about a 10 min drive w/o traffic 15-20 with). Also I believe this years rate is $60 per yard if you haven't prepaid.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Dixie Hwy will no longer sell rock salt or be open after Dec 1st. I buy from MTEC Rental on M59 or highland rd or Orion Stone Depot on Josyln just off I 75. They are the only two games in town right now. MTec is 53 a ton if you don't prepay, open 24/7

Good Luck Mike

5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

When did they decide that...I was in there last month and thats where I was getting my info?

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I Got a call from Paul about a month ago and was told they would no longer be selling bulk salt or be open after Dec 1st. Give them a call and find out.

Regards Mike

7. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Grandscape (or anyone else) I have bulk salt in the Rochester area. I am not in the business of selling salt retail, but possibly we could work something out. How much do you need per event?

8. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

Patrick34,

Sent you a pm