1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rochester Area support

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Handyman, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

Would anyone in the Rochester area consider helping another small company who only has one plow? I am have had great success in marketing but I am unable to hire support.

2. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

I plow in rochester as well.Irondequoit mainly.What exactly are you lookin for help wise?

3. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

Well I put out 500 mailers and have 57 signed contracts. Everyday I get more calls. I was hoping to team up with someone local so I can continue to say yes to my customers. My worry is that if I say I'm full then I will loose people to my local competition and loose lawns next spring. If I uses some on on my side of town they might screw me and take my customers for themselves next year driving down the price. I am in Henrietta

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We can help you out anywhere in Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Livingston, Allegany, Steuben, Genesee, and Wyoming counties..

Also recommend Matt @ Genesee Valley Lawn Care for Henrietta/Scottsville.
    Roald @ Green Mountain Landscape for Greece

Please call me if you need anything. 24hrs a day (585)766-2405

5. SpringerEnterpr

SpringerEnterpr Junior Member

I plow on the east side of the city, Irondequiot, Penfield areas. I Also am a one man small business. What areas do you or would you need help in?

Springer Enterprises
    Home Improvements & Snowplowing

6. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

ReallyI am just trying to get a sense of who is out there and willing to help each other. There are times when I could use a hand or get together and bounce ideas about the business. I think there is value in having support. Where I am strong someone else might need help.

7. SpringerEnterpr

Well I only have 10 customers right now. I am still looking to handle another 10 customers to give me a total of 20. So if would like to pass along a potential customer my way it would be appriecated. Or if you need a back up.

Springer Enterprises
    585-288-2202 Please leave a message.

8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

GUYS.....What about a meet and greet at Hooters in Rochester
    ASAP to do some networking/BSing/etc......???????????

..........geo

9. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

What area are you working? I do have a few I can't get to because they are on River Rd. Too far for me.

10. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

A meet and greet would be cool. Better places than Hooters come on :angel:

11. sonjaab

Whatever...............Suggestions then??????????????/

12. SpringerEnterpr

Handyman, The area I cover is; East side of Goodman st. north of 490 and south of Rt. 104 and as far east to Rt. 250 in Penfield. I hope it explains my area. River Rd. is too far for me too.

Springer Enterprises
    585-288-2202

13. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Klassy Kat?!!!!! :drinkup:

14. qualitylawncare

I can take river road less than five miles in either direction from Rt251. West River in Scottsville or East River in Rush.. I can help you..

Let me know if you need anything. (585)766-2405

15. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

I was kidding about Hooters, it will do just fine. I think an area wide meet would be great. When would be a good time for everyone? I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday around 7pm?

16. sonjaab

How about this or next Sat. or Sunday..............

17. Kosty

Kosty Member

i do all areas of rochester call me if u need any help 585-576-4737. i got a few in henrietta,brigton,city north city gates east rochester im all over the place. if u need any help let me know. i had 6 calls from east rochester in the last two day but only got one bc i serivce that area only in the afternoon. u should offer a discount if they agree on afternoon serivce. its been working for me i got around 35 contracts and few more for afternoon serivce. I also do per calls so im always all over the place.

18. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

I am still waiting to see if anyone else is into a local powwow. Nothing serious just local support for single truck operations.
    let me know - mail@handymanetc.com

19. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I'm in, except Stevo sleeps at 11am:sleeping:

20. qualitylawncare

Got that right man! Sleep during the morning so I don't have to deal with being tired all night.. :nod:

Just got this email from one of my customers ( Note he has a per trip contract for the season 16'wide x 700' long drive with huge hill at the end):

"Steve,

Just wanted to thank you for the excellent plow service you have
    provided us so far this season. Despite the fact that we have not had a big
    dumping yet, our steep driveway is still a hassle with even minimal
    snowfall. We appreciate the great service you have provided so far and
    for getting it done early in the morning before we head to work.

Our previous plow contractor would not have even showed up yet if we
    still had him.

Thanks,

Mike"

Rochester guys.. better provide good service. I'm slowly taking over EVERYTHING :drinkup: :drinkup: