1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Robo Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cretebaby, Mar 3, 2010.

1. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tPg1ZMiC9pA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tPg1ZMiC9pA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

That's pretty cool. Now he just has to learn how to plow a driveway. I wonder if it has enough nut for a wet snow?

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

very cool, but i have SO many issues with the concept, oh well, it is their money and time i guess

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Cool as hell but I would hate to think what it cost.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I think its a radio controlled plow and not a true robot.

6. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

Didn't somebody already post this?

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A cool toy and that's about it.

8. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

agreed

it also look like it needs more angle, snow wasn't really rolling off the side like it should I don't think. Also needs more ground clearance that thing will be stuck in no time with anything more than that 2" snow they showed.

Cool toy, maybe with some advancements and the right price, I'll be able to do sidewalks from in the truck.

9. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I think you're right but the operator was using the camera while sitting in the garage?

I thought it was pretty cool and it moved a decent amount of snow... the guy didn't hesitate when blasting by within a foot of those parked cars either... must have some weight to it to keep the momentum.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

while there many be some issues at this time a little R&D and that could be a very usable product. Much more realistic then this

http://www.i-shovel.com/index.html

add auto stop senors to lower the chance of impacting someone or something, GPS capability or the ability to follow a magnetic tape or similar guidance tool and it could be an exceptional sidewalk machine. If it could be sent on a continuous loop in places like Nursing homes, hospitals, business parks, etc

11. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

That thing must get paid by the hour at the rate that things moves, for a city drive you'd have to send it out an hour before it needed to be done. And what wasn't properly marked when he hit the down spout, looks like the tape was there and it still ran into the spout. Also what happens to that tape as it keeps snowing and getting scraped over with that shovel.

12. bchurch05

bchurch05 Junior Member
    from NH

i bet that thing did not make that pile at the end

13. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

This post was in reference to Basher's video

14. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

There is no way

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The I-shovel:dizzy: yeah it needs a little work:nod: I think they are targeting the single home owner. they're imagining a million of these things crouched under a bush waiting to pounce on the first flake of snow. Clever idea; they just need some one with payup and a concept of how to effectively move snow. the object is too light weight and clearly struggles to try to lift at the end of the push. It seems to have no concept of where snow should and should not be placed. I think as long as the area was no to large and the snowfall did not exceed the equipment ability it would work great after all it is just a matter of scale. It could be an effective product after someone spent a lot of development money but I doubt it would ever be a viable on a commercial level nor profitable on a retail level.

Now the vehicle presented in the OP has serious potential.