1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Roadmaster Active Suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jumanji, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jumanji

Jumanji Junior Member

Anyone have personal experience with this suspension upgrade? http://www.activesuspension.com/
    I was considering it and spoke with a sales guy on the phone today. Sounds like a good product and guaranteed to get rid of wheel hop, but it's expensive over $300.
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

you want it for extra load ? or wheel hop problems ?

if extra load go bags in the rear .

wheel hop then its the nature of the beast in leaf spring rigs. and the gm 88-up rear leafs are 64" long lots of leverage for axle/spring wrap. but longer leafs = smoother ride.
  3. Jumanji

Jumanji Junior Member

Well, both, actually. I've experienced some unnerving wheel hop off road. I'm also not pleased with the way my truck handles 500 lbs. of ballast behind the rear axle during the winter. When the plow's on, it's fine, but with the plow off, it's a little hairy to drive. And since I'm lazy, I don't want to remove the ballast each time I take the plow off. I've run without ballast before and the truck plows OK, but it's definitely better with it. For now, I only use 350 lbs. of ballast because I can live with the ride and handling when the plow's off.
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

jmo but i think they are a joke ,the spring shop i use to work at got talked into trying them (on the bosses truck) and the four set's that were sold got returned ,not muck labor involved but we had put them on and had to take them off ! not very productive . i would say go with a good set of shocks and some air bag's and you would be further ahead .:laughing:
  5. Jumanji

Jumanji Junior Member

Do you think the airbags will also help with wheel hop? I have no experience with airbags.