1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Road trippin

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jerre Heyer, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

White = Green made the journey to N.W. PA to pick up a trailer last week and stopped by for a visit. Had a great time and got to put a name and voice with a face. His plow buddy Mike came up with him. Here's a pict. Steve ( White = Green ) Allison on the left and Mike on the right.

Gordyo suprised me too with a call and a visit the week before.

As I told them were just off I-90 exit 32 in PA. Call or stop in. Summer hours vary but the Cell phone is on.

Jerre

dsc00572.jpg

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Jerre,

We drove into that trailer place that sells Curtis plows cause I thought that maybe that is were you worked from when you said you were right off 32 but when I didn't see Blizzards I figured that I was at the wrong place. :eek:

3. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

was good meeting you too jerre. next time i visit you wont be the only one having a few "adult beverages"!!! i will definatley be coming up this summer to do some fishing on lake erie. friday im heading to southern virginia to pick up my new baby, an 03' triton tr-20 bass boat with a 225 hp mercury outboard. i will give you a buzz when im heading up your way and maybe you can hook me up with your buddy that fishes erie alot. keep us in mind also for a snowmobiling trip next winter. keep in touch.

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

we got some good small mouths off of catawba, bring that boat on by and I.... er we yea we can go out fishin:D

~Nate~

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I made the trip to Jerre's myself a couple weeks ago, there's still some beautiful country left in NY! I'm having Jerre get my 810 plow ready for the season and add some updates.

Jerre's got just about anything you could need plow related at his shop, including a number of used units. Anyone looking for parts ought to check with him for used stuff.

I got to witness some interesting weather while I was there, a thunder storm rolled in with violent lightning strikes and torrential rain. Jerre said "At least it isn't raining sideways", well a few moments later it was with nickel sized raindrops! We also witnessed a funnel cloud forming, but luckily it didn't touch down.

Jerre, wish you had mentioned the "Erie Raceway", might have made it an overnight trip! I saw a race on SpeedChannel held there last weekend, I'd have loved to see one live!

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

All right now Heyer,I knew you were holding back on the phone,you never said anything about payin guys from out of state to come in for service work:D LOL,Just kiddin bud:p

Could you guys imagine if your local shops took the time to explain things the way Jerre does?The last Fisher i bought the salesman didn't have a clue about the plow or its features and oddly enough the mechanic was so busy he couldn't stop to help either:confused:
    A guy who knows what he's selling AND understands what makes it tick,good ol' Jerre:nod:

7. Jerre Heyer

Arc, Just remember as the weather gets closer to snow I'm get busy too. I try to do what I can but 36+ hours up at a time can have it's limits. There were some long days and short nights last year that's why some of my plowsite posts are in the wee hours of the morning. P.s. Who said anything about paying him? I thought it was the other way around ( the sausage was great )

I guess I should have put a post on about our new little raceway. Pelican it was a right turn off of 86 instead of a left and you would have been at the track. 1 mile down the road. Can you belive it's a country block away from me and the last time I was there at the track I was pitching hay on a wagon. ( remember the comment about things building up ) this was 6 yrs ago. I've kept an eye on the construction and given away some tickets to the races but just can't get all excited about go fast and turn left on pavement. I like to do it in the dirt. Sponsor a couple of local guys and try to get out to the races a few times during the summer.

For any one who wants more info on the track there is a link for lakeeriespeedway. Located just south of I-90 North East, PA exit or just of the I-86 Rte. 89 exit. Local and Bush Series racing 3 nights a week. Practice on Tue and Wed nights open to public at no charge ( so far ) Advance sales for the races avail but really no bad seats from all I've heard.

Jerre

8. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

While I agree that Jerre is most informative to talk to and offers useful info. (for free!), I must add that there is another major plow dealer in Erie (Fisher/Meyer/Diamond -- ahem!) that does a thorough job, both before and after the sale. And it's definitely not that overpriced Curtis dealer!!:nono:
    From my experience with them, I wouldn't let an Al Qaida sympathizer buy a license plate frame from them, let alone a plow!

9. Jerre Heyer

Rodger,

I agree. Forest Park does a very nice job with there units. I do business with them quite often during the year. I thought you were in my neck of the woods and from the Ink Blot you've probably been running yellow blood for years. Tell Dan hi when you talk to him and stop by to vist at the sled drags at Morheadville on the 21st or at Mound Grove in Oct if your out. Jerre

10. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Yeah Jerre maybe something like, If you are looking for Jerre Services and you see the race track on the left hand side of the highway turn around and get back on the highway you just got off of!! (Tod and I found the race track when we were looking for your shop) I hate to admit it but I was driving his truck at the time so I am the idiot that took the wrong exit. LOL

11. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Since you mentioned their name (I wasn't sure if it was appropriate, ie. advertising and such), yes Forest Park does have their act together quite nicely. Prolly your biggest competitor 'round these parts, huh? I'll give Dan your regards next time I happen to stop by there. I always favored Fisher but my blood isn't necessarily yellow. Someday it could turn white after seeing a detailed closeup of the Blizzard plow.

Yes, I'm close to you... even had a nice chat w/ you at your recent open house (garage!). Just happened to pass your garage and noticed a Blizzard on an older Chevy S10 Blazer. Man, that thing is small!!! It doesn't even rise above the front bumper if I remember correctly. How many "ounces" does it weigh? Must fall under "personal use" classification then huh? I think there are plows mounted on 4-wheelers out there that are larger!!;) Is the customer using it for their own drive or is that for sidewalk clearing by a local outfit?

While I have your attention, Fisher's E-force lighting system uses that neatly designed solid state substitute for the usual 4-pack of relays. Is that something that can be added with a few connector/adaptors or is an entire new harness required? I have the Minute Mount I system. Solid state switching is typically more reliable, long term, over using relay contacts. As such, I have maintained good electrical integrity by inspecting and assuring that the terminals have die-electric grease as well as placing the relay pack away from splash areas and further protected by a rubber shroud I fashioned up. If you'd rather not answer me, I can always go ask "Dan"!!;) ;)

12. Jerre Heyer

Roger, If I've got the right V10 your back teaching classes or enjoying the students back at college. Yes the solid state can upgrade but the end connectors may need changed on your's.

The 680 weights in at #318 - #350 lbs. and works great on the small trucks.

More later I've got a little girl who wants to get to the Waterford fair for Rides, Animals and some funnel cakes.

Jerre

13. Jerre Heyer

Some of you know Pelican made the trip to Erie and go to experience some normal weather here...LMOA....What a suprise he got.

Here's a pict of him inbetween the Raindrops and Fair food.

He's the one without the hat.

Jerre

pelican fair.jpg

14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Awww Geez! Now my cover is blown!

15. Jerre Heyer

Here's one of Mike Nelson after fitting up the 8611 to his motor home.

Jerre

mike nelson.jpg

16. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

I just wanted to say a BIG "Thank You" to Jerre for that fast and speedy install on my motorhome. She rode real well all the way home Jerre.

See ya in a couple of weeks for some more plows.
    :drinkup: :drinkup:

17. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Yeah, you got less hair on top of your head than I do.;)

18. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Hey Pelican,

I didn't recognize you without your hat on. LOL :D