1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

road plowing cleveland ohio

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Burkartsplow, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Got a call from a local contractor who has a property in my area needed service. It is a road that is .4 miles long all concrete. It will take at least 2 round trips to clean up with 8.5 v plow in straight. But I'm thinking 3 round trips. So that works out to 2.4 miles of plowing plus I need to cleanup a few crossovers that go through the median. 2 to be exact. What is a good per lane mile price. I know yur not in my area but any help would be appreciated. Thanks. On the salt it is usually 400lbs per lane mile if I remeber correctly. Thanks aaron

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I would base it on your hourly rate including travel time to and from. Is is a seasonal contract or per push?

3. wnwniner

wnwniner Member

I would think you could average 10-15 mph, so the road part should only take 10-20 mins depending on amount of snow. The crossovers in the median dont take too long either. When I plowed for the city I could do a 4 lane road like that in about an hour, and it was about 10 lane miles with a few more crossovers.

4. Burkartsplow

He wants for me to give him a per push and also a seasonal. The site is in Parma and they seem to be getting hit more the last few years. More pushes down there compared to up by the lakeshore. Thanks

5. hammerstein

I agree 75% of my work and my shop is in Parma, many times last winter while plowing I would talk to my dad in Westlake and they would have nothing. I got to sell more contracts in Westlake. I can not see it taking more than a half hour and about 500lbs of salt, good luck.

6. Burkartsplow

I got the job. $125 per plow and $145 per salt. Im thinking about 20 to 25 minutes to plow and then another 5 minutes to salt.

7. hammerstein

Thats a good price, especially on the salt 145 is about what I would charge for a ton spread.