1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Road legal?

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by scitown, Jan 21, 2009.

1. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I picked up a Snowman and have been using it all winter. Was thinking about it the other day and Im not sure if they are legal at least in my area. I think Mass law says 40+ inches off the bumper is a no no.

Snowman rep if you exist pm me and Ill give you my address to send some cards. I can't get in my plow truck without someone asking me about the plow. I have people around here stop to watch me plow driveways becuase they have never seen one. Gas station attendants come out to ask what it is. Guy at car wash told me not to wash my sander off at his carwash until I pointed out it was a plow not a sander. It would save me time if I could hand them a card. Im not kidding, every time Im in my truck at least one person ask what the thing is.

After being annoying on here with all my questions about rear plows I owe you guys some pics or a vid or two. Ill try and get some next week. If you dont have a rear plow get a rear plow.

2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Don't know about legal there, but we have a couple and love em. I have talked to Ed the owner of snowman a couple times. Good guy. 888-766-6267 or info@snowmansnowplow.com.
    Only problem was the down pressure hanging them up and bouncing up and down on our fine MI roads breaking the hitches. But that's all getting solved.

3. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

Not legal? WoW Don't be silly man..... my cargo rack for my TJ sticks out just as far, my trailers are a hell of a lot longer than 40 inches.

the measurement you might be referring to is bumper to ground clearance.

4. RAYB83

RAYB83 Junior Member

I got my first snowman in 1999 and my 2nd one in 2002 we love them. I am looking forward to gettting a 3rd one soon. Other then some small elec. problems w/ the frist one both work great. If any one has any questions feel free to ask. and yes I have handed out over 40 handout about them that I get from a local dealer and from Ed.

5. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

What is the price tag on these?........

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

My understading is anything that sticks out over 48" from the taillights would need a flag, strobe or additional taillight