1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Road Bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lippy334, Oct 27, 2010.

1. lippy334

lippy334 Junior Member
    from maine

How much would be a good price to bid on a 2.5 mile dirt rd (per storm)? Not sure if I am in the ball park.

2. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

What happens when the ground starts to thaw out and in late march and its all mud and then you get a storm and have to plow it and your stuck?

3. lippy334

lippy334 Junior Member
    from maine

it is actually a well graded road. and doesnt get muddy.

4. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

As with any per storm quote, you have to figure how many times will you have to plow during that storm. I do a one mile road for $200.00 per push, only has to be plowed every 4 inches. It is a private road, so every 4 inches is what they requested.

5. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

That seems steep, but glad you can get a good price. Single lane road, would probably take 30 minutes tops. I would bid $100 per push, or $100 every 4-6 inches, depending on how you bid. I would add to that price if they want it plowed every 2 inches.

6. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

I guess I actually gave false info. It is a one mile stretch of road with a small parking lot at the end and a turnaround halfway. Still pays pretty well, total plow time of about 1 hour.

7. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

The price is higher because he is from mass. People in other parts of the country, or especially out west, do not realize how much more just about EVERYTHING costs in new england, and especially Mass/Conneticut/Rhode Island. I still think mass is the worst for prices, especially near boston. Comparable jobs between boston area and Concord nh area are usually like 5 per hour more. for jobs like grocery stores and stuff like that