1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RMMT - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by derekslawncare, Jan 22, 2015.

1. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

There has been some guys on here lately asking about ATV/UTV plowing and also some guys who are looking at "something different" for that little edge in residential snow removal. I just happened across these while watching stuff on You Tube. Just curious if anyone on here has used them or seen them and if they are any good. Price wise, they look about the same as a high end quad or low end UTV. You can get numerous options on them such as dump beds and snow plows. They are 4x4, come in 2 seat or 4 seat cabs and will go HIGHWAY SPEED, although don't know if I would want to get in a wreck at that speed in one. It says they can be made street legal (IN CANADA) with little modification. Don't know about that being possible in the US.

Just thought they looked like they might be a good alternative for some on here and look like you can go just about anywhere in one, (You Tube has some videos of them in places I definitely wouldn't try to go in my truck. Anyone with knowledge about these that can add to or CAUTION AGAINST about these chime in.

Might help if I attached the link to what I was talking about. DUH!

http://rockymountainminitrucks.net/index.html

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. derekslawncare

Bump to top. No one has any comments about THESE TYPES OF VEHICLES? I wasn't necessarily looking for advice or opinions about this particular brand or company as I was the use of these vehicles in our industry in general. They look like they would be great for sidewalk crews or anywhere you need a compact machine, so you VENTRAC guys tell me what you think.

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I'll chime in. We did experiment with one of these for city sidewalks. On paper it seems like a good idea. Has speed, 4x4, small enough to fit on large sidewalks, big enough to carry ice melt. We mounted a blackline plow to the front.

We stopped using it after one season. Was not nearly maneuverable enough. Some guys just could not handle the fact that it is right hand drive, left hand shift and clutch therefore didn't want to hold up. Parts are not real easy to acquire either. A tractor or small skid steer is a much better option.

4. derekslawncare

Ok. Thank you very much. This is the type of stuff I wanted to know. Price looked great. Attachments were endless. Looked great from everything. I did think parts would be an issue, I didn't even think about the right drive and how odd/hard to get used too, that would be. Thanks for taking the time to point out what I wasn't seeing.