1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RLS Snow Removal Division

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MikeRi24, Jan 28, 2010.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Hey guys I figured I'd get some pictures of my setup on here. I'm MikeRi24 from over at LawnSite and I own Richardson's Landscape Services. I just picked up ne "new to me" truck yesterday and cleaned it up and got some things in order so I thought I'd post some pics. I plowed a few driveways already this morning and its been working out great!

1994 Chevy 3500
    6.5 Turbo Diesel
    122k miles
    Western something or other plow (don't know the model)

some things to note: previous owner bed-linered the whole bottom half of the truck which is SWEET, newer style chevy rims, needs a seat cover, the trailer brake controller and plow controller need to be moved cuz i whack my knee on them HARD when I get out of the truck. Other than that I'm really happy. Just gotta remember to plug it in at night....forgot to do that last night and it wasn't too happy with me this morning haha

2. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

3. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

nice work truck, i love that model chevy. Looks like you need a new scraper blade on your plow
  4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Western UniMount Plow, probably the PRO model (will have 3 or 4 springs and a shock)
    Most common sizes are 7'6" or 8'.
    Great plows IMO just keep up with the maintenance.
  5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

yeah it has I think 3 springs and the shock. What maintenance should I do?
  6. APLC

APLC Senior Member

i would have bought it in a minute looks good just keep the filter clean and change the fluid and she will work forever
  7. nflnarrowhead

nflnarrowhead Junior Member
    from yes

6.5 Turbo Diesel has had some issues? Hope you have one of the better ones? That 6.5 is known for injector issues? Your plow is gorgeous and the GM front ends handle the wear and tear of plows well. Stay on top of the maintenance on that motor!
  8. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Very nice truck, love it!!! I want to do the bed liner to the rockers too!
  9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck good luck with it:drinkup:
  10. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

looks like u need a new cutting edge... if u do alot of driveways get a back drag blade too
  11. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Real nice looking truck. Seems to me the headlights on the plow mount are oddly high though
  12. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

What happend to the seats pitbull left inside for to long...?:dizzy:
  13. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I guess its just worn there...nothing a seat cover can't hide! I hate vinyl seats anyway.

I read a lot before making this purchase, and I while a lot of people dislike these motors, 90% of the "problems" can actually be solved and prevented in the future by very easy fixes/modifications. The plow is actually pretty rough...VERY rusty the guy who was selling it just threw a quick coat of pain on it before he sold it haha the rust should be starting to seep back through any day now. I intend to take it all part and sandblast it and re-finish it over the summer.
  14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice loooking set up
  15. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

is that seat custom??? it is a good lookin' truck tho hope it works out for you
  16. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

I was just going say that Lugnut. What's the deal with the lights sitting so high ?
  17. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

couldn't tell you...when the plow is up and angled all the way, whatever light thats on the high side just barely clears the top of the plow.
  18. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Typical thing with the chevy/gmc trucks with bench seats the wear out same spot, I also have the seat issue, I am looking to recover mine or look for a good replacement from the bone yard.
  19. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

If you want i know a guy in lancaster that can redo that seat and make it like new. Did one for me for $150. new foam and fabric.
  20. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Thats good to know....I am prob going to just get a $30 seat cover for it because it'll get trashed by the end of summer anyway, and then I can just throw it out and put another one on there.