1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RKE Battery?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mebes, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Does anyone know what size the battery is, inside the keypad that is mounted on the drivers door?

I would like to buy one before I pry it apart and replace it.

The owners manual just gives a Ford part number.

04 F350 keyless entry keypad

Thanks

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

There are so many batteries around anymore for stuff. Try Radio Shack they may have a listing. Probably will not be that easy. If Ford wants to rape you for it try the internet. I got batteries for my 4 Cell phones for $12.50 a piece verse's Alltels $60 a piece price.

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I'm thinking it's a standard size coin battery like the CR2032 that the remote for my autostart uses for my car.

Just wondering if anyone had replaced theirs and knew what size it was before I disassemble it, and find out that I need to order one (because it's an odd size or dealer only).

Thanks

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Knowing Ford it's probably made only in Germany and costs $20 with a $10 core charge.
    And it's not available any longer !