1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

River Walk Landscaping - VT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by riverwalkland, Dec 27, 2008.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Just wanted to throw up a few pics of the early winter snow up here in Vermont.

First is me plowing my way up the driveway past my barn. Snow's so deep that even with the plow vee'd it was coming up over the top some

Second is me running out of room to put the snow in one of the small commercial lots I do opposite my college... my truck thinks it's a loader...:dizzy:

Third is me trying to save some cash on advertising.:D

Fourth is what some of the roads have been like so far this summer. Oh wait.. where is the road?... exactly. Let's hope for some more snow because the 50 degree weather is killing it all right now. Even the piles 7 feet high I've got are going fast :mad:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

2. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

Who says free advertisement doesn't pay off. Cool pics!

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pics!

4. riverwalkland

a few pics from before the snow was quite as deep, and one of how its really adding up on some of the evergreens

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

nice pictures
    the tailgate advertising is awesome lol
    good luck the rest of the season

6. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

That doesnt look like B-town. Lol. Where exactly are you, Im in Stowe.

7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

how do you know where the driveway is with all that snow? jk

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I was thinking the same thing

9. riverwalkland

I put up 4 foot 1x1 hardwood stakes with orange painted tops. As far as my own driveway I used up all my stakes at my customers homes and didn't get any in at my house. It sucks and when it's drifted straight across I just have to hope i'm on the driveway. Big pieces of grass flying off the side of the plow usually tell me to stop and try again.445, I'm based out of Charlotte and I plow in Charlotte, Shelburne, South Burlington and Burlington. The picture with the big pile is a lot opposite the hospital in burlington, the others are charlotte and south burlington.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  10. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Sweet, I didnt think that nice long rin with the barn was in Burlington. Well good luck, we plow in the Waterbury/Stowe area. Holler if you ever need anything.

:salute:

11. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

nice pile..

12. riverwalkland

could use some snow payup haha

are you up the mountain enough to get a lot more plowing than most people down around burlington?

edit: just found a pic of that part of my driveway in the summer. amazing how the seasons change things (was also before i put a few trees there)

CIMG0741 (Medium).JPG

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  13. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Well Stowe traditionally gets more snow than the chittenden county area, but yes I do have some accounts up on the hill, which tend to need more attention than others. And yes, regarding the seasons, I think Vermont has some of the craziest weather around, yesterday it was below zero and tomorrow its going to be 50+, go figure.

14. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Very nice idea for advertising...lol....I'm just gonna do that in the salt on my truck next time i go out...nice pics

15. collegepro

collegepro Junior Member

haha ever forget where the road is sometimes..

16. riverwalkland

yeah but I have been driving up and down it every day for a long time. as for the main roads and common driveways, I just try to stay in between the mailboxes haha

17. OakhillsSnowdiv

OakhillsSnowdiv Member
    from mass

hey riverwalk have you ever heard of greensleeves landscaping out of stowe??? one of my friends owns it we went to VTC together

18. riverwalkland

no I haven't but I never really make it to Stowe to often, Just for the British car show once a year really

19. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I know of greensleeves.........

20. OakhillsSnowdiv

OakhillsSnowdiv Member
    from mass

haha really? thats funny hes the only one i kno who does landscaping in the stowe and chittonen county area everyone one else i kno is in the rutland and wallingford area