1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rite aids

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hotfeet, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hotfeet

Hotfeet Member

I have been plowing a rite aid for 20 years through several management companies. Recently USM, has been it. This year they said they didn't have the account. Anyone know who does? I have no idea who to contact. I asked the Store manager and he didn't know what was going on. Thanks

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

You'd think that store manager would be able to give you a contact number of someone who would be in charge of dealing with that stuff for the store.

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

They contacted me let me look to see if I can find company name

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

FacilitySource
    World Leader in Facility Management
    200 East Campus View Blvd., Suite 301
    Columbus, OH 43235
    This was who contacted me

5. Hotfeet

Hotfeet Member

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help!

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Good luck
    Don't think you will be happy with what they offer you
    3inch trigger for plowing
    Low prices with shoveling included
    Low salt price with calcium included
    These companies are just taking our money

7. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

After plowing the same 9 rite aids for 10 years, With Zero incidents,
    We are out.
    They(Facility Source) offered 50% less than the 9 year avg gross for each site, and zero negotiation.
    salt is up , Insurance in NJ has skyrocketed, labor is up
    And Zero tolerance for ice, 24 hours
    it is a losing proposition for anyone that takes it
    at those prices.
    they will get burned,

Rite Aids were a good account to have.

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Funny is that they Handel another chain as well that I use to do for over 10 years as well I was getting more for salt 3 years ago then then they offered me for a 4-6 inch storm with salt and shove and calcium
    I gave the store up after they switched from in house to a national I laugh when I see hiw much they offer my son on his Atv makes more

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Not only that, but the contract i saw was seasonal... paid $200-350 per MONTH "i know i can't stop laughing", and included required presalt prior to every storm... why can't all contracts "per push" include presalt as mandatory finally .

NJ insurance is through the roof.. its almost impossible to cut a profit at last years prices even. Salt costs us the same so far this year, but likely will be 30-40% higher by the end of December if we have any normal amount of snow... there just isnt much stockpiled still since last spring.

We used to get $200+ per ton of salt applied easy here... some accounts $250-300 even. With cost of salt up, we need $225+..... with liability where it is , even from last season, we need $275+.. this year we're offered and no negotiations on $150-175 per ton seems common. Sad.

Liability to spread salt.... assume $50-100 per ton , in NJ/CT/NY at least
    Truck cost $30,000-75,000 "depending on age of truck, etc"
    Salt spreader cost $3000-10,000
    Cost of the salt $75-125 per ton delivered to contractor on site
    Time to load salt "with owned or rented machines" 15-20minutes
    Labor to have per ton spread and applied to various parking lots $$$
    Calcium is way up too since last year, no more $12.00 per bag pallets, $17-20 easily, yet its still paying $20-25 per bag applied, labor, profit, risk included.

I saw bids for ONLY sidewalks... $55.00 per 2" at retail stores! Seriously?

$55 to assume all the liability of all the shoppers , having to send a truck there every 2" for $55 and use a $20 bag of calcium at minimum each time. WTF are they thinking? We countered a bid at $125-200 for same sidewalks depending on location, area covered and risk of the type of store.

10. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

A 3inch trigger on a store where elderly and sick people frequent is way wrong.

11. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I didn't sign
    Around here we have a 2 inch trigger on residential houses

12. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

Springwise is handling upstate NY Rite Aids. $5200 all inclusive walks plow and salt. Mind you this is two corner property with probably 1500 lf of sidewalks. I wished them luck.

13. john1122

john1122 Junior Member
    from ny

I used to do rite aids in staten island Bronx and Brooklyn was paid well 10 years ago but they just kept dropping price I said enough it was not even worth getting out of bed its starting to happen with td bank now
    the last five years been great there a pain to work for but never complained about paying this year they want caps on all banks for pricing nuts

14. john1122

john1122 Junior Member
    from ny

does anyone in here know about sno way plows I just picked up one for my house upstate new York and am having some trouble I never used one know nothing about them

15. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Where upstate

16. john1122

john1122 Junior Member
    from ny

troupsburg near corning

17. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Ok just curious people by the city always say upstate and I thought you meant Rockland or Orange County

18. john1122

john1122 Junior Member
    from ny

nope sit on the front porch and cant see another house closes house is 2 miles away

19. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

I'd say north of Sullivan county is upstate.

20. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

That's way upstate. I go to the finger lakes up there.