1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rite Aid ...USM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigearl, Sep 26, 2009.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

did anyone get their info from usm about rite aid? I got mine and it is 5% lower than last year, so I called them and they told me that rite aid cut their snow budget by 5% so they passed it along. Ok I get that but I cant spread the salt they want, when what they want is what I pay. They did say that they will negotiate the salt price. So I got that going for me which is nice.
    I guess I will keep you posted.
    Please dont get going on how bad a company usm is we wll know it but we dont have a choice so we deal.

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

If you only knew what I know LOL

Check ur PM
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta maintain a sense of humor in this business. How else can you justify leaving an 8-5 desk so you can try to figure out why the plow is hanging off the truck at that angle at 2am in a blizzard:dizzy:
  4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

AMEN It has been spoken so it shall be !
  5. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Clapper, any way you can PM me with this inside info I would like to know what the deal is wha this whoel Rite Aid situation.
  6. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

USM is a dangerous slope. They have a "ton" of land they manage but there practices and tyhe contractor is always wrong is scary. With any luck they will implode because in my experience they simply are to "big" with all of the places they run and sooner or later it will be trouble for them. Any one thinking of working for them should add a 5% load for all of the phone calls, pics, paper work, he said/she said, and your visits to the shrink. Be careful with the mighty USM!
  7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I worked for them last year and I didnt have a problem with them. I guess I was the lucky one. I didnt start the thread to bash usm I was just wondering if anyone else got the same email I got with the price decrease
  8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Last year at our rite aid the guy couldnt even stack snow, Im not kidden he took up 15 parking spots and it looked like crap all winter.
  9. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Not out to trash just helping others with my own experience. If Usm works for you congrat's you have a good situation and must have a solid inside rep. I see things with them in a diffrent light based upon my experiences.
  10. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

who is usm???
  11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

united states maintenance. faciltiy maintenance company that is huge ...
  12. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

you have a contact for them
  13. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

14. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Fire dont call unless you like to work for free...20 page contract to agree to get hosed..
  15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah their contracts are no joke lol.

some accounts went up, others down, most the same.
  16. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Im going after one and if I lowball it right I might just get it. I took my 1st bid cut it by 1/2 and then knocked another % off.
  17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Have you worked for USM?
  18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

They make millions on their markups as the middleman while they hammer your rates down. They are in big trouble here in the northeast, they simply cant get contractors as everyone knows their game now. They prey on the youg kid new to the business, who sees $18000. for plowing a target all winter and gets excited. Little does he know that budget is gone after a few large scale storms.
  19. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have worked for them anbd quit.. They called back 3 years later after they couldn't find anybody to work for them. Obviously I said Hell NO
  20. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I signed yesterday and was able to negotiate to get the same prices I had last year So at least I am not going backwards. I thank those who cant not read and repeatedly bashed when asked them not to. There has been thread after thread bash USM (look it up) that was not the intention of this thread. The intention was to see if I was in the same boat as everyone else or if I was being singled out .