1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rite Aid Stores

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motheplowguy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. motheplowguy

motheplowguy Junior Member
    from ohio

Anyone else having problems collecting from Rite Aid accounts or a company called Riverascape in Ohio? I do a location for them and have not received any payment.
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

:gunsfiring:Ouch arent they in Akron ?
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

rite aid takes 45 to 60 days to pay.especially if you are sub contracted through that company you listed. You send them the bill, then they send it to rite aid and then rite aid sends them the money and then you receive yours. You need to bill them after every event to get the wheels moving in this slow process.
  4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

are you getting paid from Rite Aid or the contractor ?
  5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i hate the fact that you have a 60 day period to file a lien, yet some places take longer than that to get stuff through their payables dept.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Rite Aid isnt looking to good financially

I dont know if I would wait long
  7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

60 days from the last time you worked on that site so you have plenty of time still, assuming you guys plowed in january in ohio.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

we got screwed out of 5K of work on a chimney in august, we are filing legal action against the bank that owned the property. they kept telling us that they only cut checks once a month, then it was "can you wait until the sale is finalized with the new owners" now they wont even return our calls.
  10. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Ditto on not waiting too long. I believe they were just listed as one of the top 10 companies likely to file bankruptcy. I feel your pain because I am plowing at another company that is on that list. Damn Economy!!:realmad:
  11. redman6565

that sucks man
  12. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

I have a mowing account that was net 30, they sold, and a new company took over. I submitted my first invoice to the new company and never got paid in that net 30 period. So I called and they tell me that they now do net 45. I guess when you make millions and millions of dollars and people are after this account...you let them tell you when you'll get paid! They are good for the money so it isn't an issue for my company. I've had them as a customer for 10 years and they are loyal to me..

However, I'd make a personal meeting with the manager of that Rite Aid to see what's going on. Once these companies file bankruptcy...good luck. Put the pressure on now and collect what you can.
  13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

My Girlfriend works with Rite Aid and Wal mart corporate everyday and she is telling me that either walmart or cvs is going to buying rite aid within the year. She was just in harrisburg at rite aid corporate for the last two weeks and things are not looking to good she said.
  14. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

i know a guy who used to do a lot of chimneys. he would mortar a pane of glass in the middle of the chimney and tell the homeowners they couldn't use the chimney till they paid for it. well if they didn't pay, they'd light it and the glass would block the smoke from exiting up the flue. then when they finally paid, he would go back up on the roof and drop a rock down the chimney and shatter the glass.

i don't know if this is common practice amongst people who make chimneys but its one good way to make sure you get paid for the job. this was years ago. who knows what would happen legally now. just something funny

unfortunately i have nothing to say about rite aid other than the fact that i hope you get your money soon.
  15. redman6565

that's interesting because Rite Aid just bought Eckerd's out like a year and a half ago
  16. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

That's the reason Rite Aid is in the mess their in, that purchase put them way in Debt!

I could have sworn that USM has the national Rite Aid account. It may be tough to get paid!
  17. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

ummm, couldn't the homeowner just do that as well?

by the way...I heard Rite-Aid's on the way out, which sucks.

Hope you get your money...The question still remains if you are the Contractor at this site, or a Sub contractor?
  18. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Rite-Aid = Circuit City :dizzy:
  19. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I used to work for Rite Aid and I can tell you that they are NOT on top of their game. There was a point when I had left the company, and then came back, and it took seven weeks for them to give me my first pay check. At that point I was done
  20. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

I plow 2 rite aids for USM. Yes, they aint exactly the highest paying, and not exactly the easist paperwork wise, But i have had no issue at all getting paid, I also do a bank of america for them.