1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ritchie Bros Auction

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SullivanSeptic, Jul 14, 2010.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Ritchie Bros just had an auction here in chicago. Did anyone here attend? Or bid online? "SnowGo" dumped all of there equipment and I was watching a couple items, but they went for WAY to much money. Just figured I ask. They had a ton of pushers and trucks. Along with a snow melter that went for $120,000.

2. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

They just opened one in Collinsville, Il, about 15 min from St.Louis. They moved in quick and had hundreds of pieces of equipment. They too just had there auction. Didn't go but looked crowded. They had everything you could think off. Alot of John deere combines . Curios if anybody bought anything there too?

3. Stowe

Stowe Member

Why did snowgo sell all of it's equipment?

4. JLaw300

JLaw300 Junior Member

I went there Sunday to look at the trucks then bid online. I was lucky and got one early (2003 F-350) but for the most part the trucks were not selling for what I would consider wholesale prices.

5. SullivanSeptic

Whole sale???? They were selling for about 2 grand less then what a dealer would sell a new one for. I hope you got yours cheap. Most of them went really high. All of the skid steer pusher went to one guy. He bought about 30 or so. If you looked they were all the blue ones. I was trying to buy a pusher for my backhoe but they went for to much. Around $3300 for a pretty used pusher is way too much in my book

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

thats sucks usually get mailings from them on up coming autions but did'nt get anything about that one. will have to get back on thier mailing list.

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We get new pushers (not scopp dogg) for less then that!

8. SullivanSeptic

All of the pushers there went way to high. They had a bunch of F250 XL regular cab long beds there. Probably at least 20 of them. All had from 10,000 miles up to 100,000 miles. Most of the 2005 and 2006's had 10-40k miles on them. They were bare bones trucks with 7.5 and 8ft westerns on them. All of them went for around 25,000 or so. Thats just way too much. Especially considering I can walk into the ford dealer and get a brand new truck just like that for 27,000 out the door

9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Weird....auctions can be weird like that!

10. JLaw300

JLaw300 Junior Member

I got mine for a decent price, $7K, then the prices went through the roof. One person bought 5 2006 F250s for $22K each. Another lot of 5 or 6 went for about $17k each. The only way I'll purchase from an auction is if I can get wholesale, or close to, pricing and I think I did.

11. Stowe

Stowe Member

Did snowgo go out of business

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We've been going to RB auctions for over 15 years. With all the advertising they do it's hard to find any deals. I know if I ever have an auction RB will be my first choice.

13. SullivanSeptic

Not sure. But most of their equipment was there. Lots of newer skid steers and Internatianal salt trucks. They are out of Naperville, IL. Website is still up and they are still a corporation in the State of IL. So who knows.

14. Stowe

Stowe Member

Maybe they plan on renting equipment or financing new equipmen through cat at lower rates

15. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

they went bankrupt and the bank sold off the rest of snow go llc's equipment and it sold way to high in price!!!