1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rises, slowly falls

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by field89, Dec 9, 2008.

1. field89

field89 Junior Member

Hi, first time posting on here, My dad has a Hiniker plow and we've owned it for quite a few years now, and recently it will rise but slowly fall until it touches the ground. We have tried replacing the o rings but no luck, I'm not sure of the model but it is just a straight blade with the fork hookup style.
  2. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Check the down coil and valve on the plow side of the manifold assembly. A faulty coil would keep it from dropping at all, not sure if they can go slowly or if it's all or nothing. There's a valve that the coil actuates which may need to be cleaned or replaced. You can buy a coil or the entire coil/valve assembly. Do a google search for SPX Stone to get ahold of a diagam for the pump/valve body. Check Flint Hydrostatics Tennessee site for a diagram, seems like they had online ordering and an exploded view. Central Parts Warehouse has an exploded view as well.
  3. Buckin' Around

Buckin' Around Junior Member

I know on the newer plows, well at least on my poly-v, there is an orifice on the drop side spool valve, this is to slow the plow down when you lower it so it doesnt slam to the ground like all other plows do, kind of a nice feature, anyways, maybe your orifice is somewhat plugged, i imagine it would be on the back side of the spool valve in the aluminium body, it probabaly is just squeeze in there between the valve and the body, so you could probabaly take it right out.
  4. field89

field89 Junior Member

thanks for your responses, when I get some time this weekend I'll take a look at it with my dad. I found out its around a 2000 or so model most likely (bought it quite a few years back) the 7 1/2' Heavy Duty straight blade.