1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ripped my plowstand off

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Dec 23, 2007.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

It's a pretty ****** design if you ask me. Those pins suck to get in the hole when it's cold and icey and I keep the plow clean. That said, I completed ripped it and bent it in half.
    What's a new one cost, can't be much? Got if off the truck today w/a few 2x6 and 2x4s as a makeshift kickstand.

Slightly tweaked the piece of metal that the plowstand bolts to, but I don't think that will effect much of anything.
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well if it is a Boss plow, i paid like $50.00 last year for a new one. I forgot to raise mine and went plowing with it, not a good thing.

Good Luck Mike
  3. R&R Repair

R&R Repair Junior Member

In light of all the fisher bashing around here lately..I will say this if you owned a fisher that wouldn't have happened!!!!!!

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I forgot mine one day and all that happened was a pin snapped...got a new pin for free but my dealer knew the reason it broke...he said this can't happen unless you FORGOT THE STAND!! I said yup, that's what I did.

Looks pretty easy top fabricate something temporarily until you get a OEM part...

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Do Fishers have stands built in?? If not...NO that can't happen! LOL
  6. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

It'll still rip off if you forget to raise it. Trust me.
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Well guess what it happens to everyone, not a big deal. Afterall it isn't snoways fault, you left it down!
  8. larry newman

larry newman Member

Well, ouch !...and, sorry. I have forgotten mine and bent the pin...now I use the label on the cover as a pre-flight checklist.

Hope it's cheap, probably isn't. Only a problem if you take off the plow...payup

Good holidays !
  9. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

I'm not sweating it. I could bend it out I think and just get a new pin. I'll check into it tomorrow. Still doesn't take away from the fact it's a lousy design....I know it's my fault for leaving it down tho.
  10. i don't even use my stand, i just keep a couple bricks under it. But i too have left it down once and sheared off one of the pins. Operator error! lol
  11. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Bent the heck out of mine about two weeks after I bought it. Operator error for sure!! Left a nice gouge in my own driveway!!:rolleyes:
  12. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

I kept forgetting to put up my stand, so I wrote the word "JACK" on the backside of the light cross-bar and also on the top of the pump cover. That worked great for awhile. A couple of days ago, I left the jack down and of course bent the pin. I took the pin out because it always froze up with slush anyway. Now the plow frame "balances" on the free pivoting stand.

Thennnn a hydraulic fitting snapped off the right cylinder when I ht something burried in the snow, so it had to get fixed.:mad: I was replacing the part (90 degree elbow) with the plow off the Jeep. The plow rocked backwards and pivoted off of the jackstand and came crashing down on my left foot.:nono: :nono: X-rays showed no broken bones, but after a week, it still hurts like h$%l.:cry:

Moral of the story: If you go pinless, watch your feet and other body parts.

13. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I can't stand the design, altho everything has its up's and downs......thats prolly the ONLY thing i knew that was "bad" about these plows b4 i bought mine. I have a pretty bent lever on my pine, i have the plow in the garage right now, im actully looking to fab up something different...ill post up the results...
  14. Lynden-Jeff

You jinxers! I went out yesterday and forgot the kick stand. Blew the top pin right off scraping it on the curb. Looks like its a manual pin from now on.

15. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

HAHA, too funny. Sorry my stupidity rubbed off on you! :)

I think I can bend mine back to make it usable and get by with just a pin...we'll see.
  16. Lynden-Jeff

Im actually using a lynch pin and it seems easier to use then the stupid spring loaded ones.

STRONGARM Senior Member

I had one break this year,my fault. I bought the hardware kit for $38 tymusic
    had it fixed in 1/2 hour
  18. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

What's the hardware kit consist of? I just paid 25 bux for one pin...figured it was like a 5-7 dollar part..what a rip!

STRONGARM Senior Member

I will check in the morning(it was a while ago) but i think there was both pins and something else, I will check
  20. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

If a bent/broken plow stand is your big plowing problem for the season, consider yourself lucky. All of us sno-way owners have gone out with the jackstand down, its part of the initiation to the club!