1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ripped ABS sensor off

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

So the other night I decided to go and explore this construction site. Well, I got stuck....really stuck. To make a long story short, it took an hour to dig and pull me out with a F350. After I got out and cleaned some of the mud off of my wheels, the ABS light dun't go off, so I looked behind the drivers wheel and notice that the abs wire was hanging. Has anyone ever replace one of these, I know at one end it plugs in, but how about at the wheel end?

I have some pics, I'll try and post them tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

Depending on year, on the wheel end you may unbolt the sensor.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Be cool taking the old one out,work from the back side. Don't play with the sensor end because if you distort it at all it's real hard to get out of the hole, they fit real tight,close tolerances. Might even coat the hole with never seize if you are going to keep the truck, when ball joints are pressed it may have to come out again.