1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Beast

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MnM, Dec 21, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

well I put my salt truck in for brakes today and found out she is dead. The brakes are so rusted I dont even know where to begin. The guy said at least $1500 . I have so much into this truck but it turned into a pile of rust. The truck hadled 5000 pounds with ease its a shame. She could use a fresh 360 and trans though Time to pull everything off of her that is worth something and scrap it. What a shame 90 power ram extended cab 360 4x4 dana 60 F & B 6"suspension lift 3" body and rear air bags with lift spacers.

truck 005.jpg

2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Sucks you can't do it yourself. If that were my truck it would be back on the road in no time. That truck would have alot of years left in it.

3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

1500 bucks:gunsfiring:
    Are they replacing the whole brake system.

are the lines shot roters drums.

Too bad your not up this way I could toss it on the lift for a better deal then that I bet.

Also that truck isn't that bad looking if it had a new bed on it.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

get a second opinion.

john

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

$1200 for parts and labor sounds alittle better. ill give you $1000 for everything in the picture lol!

2 calipers=$60
    2 adjuster repair kits=$40
    2 junkyard drums=$20
    40ft of brake line=$40
    random fittings and couplers=$40
    1 case of beer=$15

$200 plus a weekend of my time(if that) id have a new plow truck

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  6. MnM

MnM Senior Member

yea just about everthing on the brake system is shot. Now even if I do the brakes, still could use a motor and trans, so I m looking at it like just invest the money in a late 90s truck that is reliable and dosent need engine tranny and brakes.oh well RIP beast, for me anyway Im sure someone will bring her back to life

7. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

i'll give you some cash for the tires & rims!! Let me know! kcapxis@ptd.net

8. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

naaaaa put some brakes on the ole girl give her a couple of more years.

Ray Grimes

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  9. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

i live and work in NJ, i will buy that truck off of you.... drop me a line.

Kevin

10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Waaaaaay too nice of a truck to retire!! Nothing that an afternoon and a handful of cheap, readily available parts wouldn't fix....

11. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

what kind of issues are you having with the eng \ trans ? There are plenty of wrecked dodges around with good used eng \ tranny's I bet for around $600 you could get a lower mile combo thrown in it .

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

those trucks are tanks i got a 91 and i love it i hope you can keep her

13. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

You can't give up on the old girl. But if you put her up for adoption she'd look good next to her cousin from Pittsburgh. Mines a '93 cummins with 156k on it. I just popped for a new injection pump, tires, brakes all around, front steering joint that goes on all of them.... I haven't plowed with it yet though. I just threw the plow and spreader on last month. Hopefully she get's a good workout coming up. It's the backup truck but I may take her out to see how she handles the 8.5' blade and the bulk I'll dump in the bed after I get rid of those bags that have been in my way for 2 years.
    [​IMG]

14. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

Let's try this picture again.

dodge.jpg