1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rims and tires on 07 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chitown sparky, May 28, 2011.

1. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

looking to get some rims and tires for my truck and want to see if anyone has pic of there 07 with 20" rims on them and if you have to get a leveling kit or crank the T bars up a little. Also if anyone has the XD Rockstar rims in chrome on there truck and if they like them thanks Ron

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

'07 classic or NNBS?

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Rim size change won't require adjusting the suspension. Changing the tire diameter and/or width might though.

4. WilliamOak

Size won't but offset/backspacing will make a huge difference on fitment

5. chitown sparky

new body style

6. chitown sparky

right now I have stock 16"rims with 285 70 16 so what you are saying is if I got a 20" rim and 285 it will be about the same height as I have right now just smaller side wall right.

7. WilliamOak

Yeah a 285 is a 285 no matter what wheel its wrapped around. BUT I believe a wheel that is tucked in will clear the bumper much easier than one that sticks out more.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The 285 is the section width in millimeters. The overall diameter of the tire is determined by the section width, aspect ratio, and wheel diameter.

A 285 could be anywhere from 26" diameter to 36" diameter or more.