1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rim size on 03 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ZR2plower, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Does any one know if you can fit 16" rims on a 2003 2500 in place of the stock 17s. I want to have a set of offroad tires as well as my plowing tires. 16" rubber is a heck of a lot cheaper than 17". My 29.5" stock tires just aren't going to cut it this hunting season.

If the 16s would work, are Ford or Chevy 8 lug rims interchangeable with the Dodge?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

The only way to fit 16's on an '03 2500 is to grind down the calipers, but even if you do that, it is a tight squeeze. Better off going with a cheap set of 17's or see if you can find another set of stock Dodge wheels to throw on there. I would look at tireseasy.com for some pretty cheap prices on 17" tires.

3. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Bite the bullet

I found some stock chrome rims(17") on e-bay, cheap. Something like $200.00 or less if I remember right. It was a steal I thought even w/ shipping. They are my summer rims, my winter rims were the steel "silver" ones. Paint was coming off of them for some odd reason. So I blasted them, & painted them white. Custom wht ol spokers, bad @ss, dodge wheels. None like em, here anyways. Center caps, I painted white (on the inlay of the cap) Its looks cool. I will post them for my new avitar. Wheel & all.

They will not inter-change. Just bite the bullet, I know it's hard, but once you do so, they'll last ya forever. Swap em back & forth all summer/winter long.

Besides you saved $$$ on your truck !!! Just do it !!!:D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  4. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Actually I am watching a set of alloy 17" take-offs right now. Hopefully the price stays low.....

5. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Go Dude

Right on !!!:drinkup:

6. BlueRam2500

I have a set of ST wheels 17x8 with slight bends in them for sale for $150 plus shipping if that is something you would be interested in.

7. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Do you have any pics of them? How slight is "slight bends"?

8. BlueRam2500

PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you pics. I could have them repaired first if you like.