1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rigid LED Light Install

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Broncslefty7, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

Best money ive ever spent on snow plowing.

(2) rigid E2 Flood/Spot Combos
    (1) rigid 20" E2 Hyper spot flood combo light bar ( AMAZING )
    (4) Whelen Ion Grill LED's

Rear lights are wired to Auxillary 4 and the light bar on the plow is wired to the plows high beams. there is not as much light shake from the plow as i thought and the snow reflection from the light is minimal also.

2014 F350 6.7 Diesel rigged with a 9' boss straight blade with rubber deflector and a 1.8 yd Blizzard ice chaser

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Broncslefty7

one more

one more picture

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've been set like that for 4 years except I cut in flush mounts in to bumper and wired in to reverse.

I also have a "few" other lights, careful, it could become an addiction.....,I have a four more toys waiting at home today.

Looks good,
  4. Broncslefty7

yes, it can easily become an addiction. however i don't think there's really anything else to add. with the vibrators in the sander this thing is almost perfect. although i wish i had bought an extended cab, but its just a work truck.
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Haha....,here's some hints ....,I Have 10" on backrack, fogs and driving in front bumper......
  6. Broncslefty7

ha thats funny, maybe on my personal truck.
  7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good...I have 4 LED from Laredo Trailer Supply, I used stake pocket brackets and they sit on the bed rails, 2 on each side. We set all of our trucks up like that for this year after I tested them for 2 seasons.

They work great, and it's also a very effective anti tailgating device!
  8. JAJA

JAJA Member

I am on my second season of my rigid like yours they work great
  9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Nice lights....I felt the same way about the extended cab and I bought one, I'm looking for a crew cab now:dizzy:
  10. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Anyone with any expierance with these Rigid lights under the back bumper? I am thinking of getting a pair for each truck but I'm concerned that they wouldn't create enough heat to melt the snow off of them. I now use hallogen lights that work well but we only get about two years of life out of them.
  11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

The rig ids do create their own heat. I don't have problems with snow build up under the bumper though. Once you go led you won't go back.
  12. woody617

woody617 Member
    from pa

I did the same thing for back up lights , rigid dully for back up lights under the bumper as well . Those things kick ass . Tied into the reverse wire so they go on automatically when in reverse . I put in 3 way switch as well so I can turn on if I want or not even use them at all .best money spen on Amazon $160 then went directly to rigid web site and bought wire harness for back up light kits . Made install so much easier .
  13. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Thanks guys, I will definitely be buying these now that I know they stay clean of snow.
  14. Broncslefty7

yeah they get warm but not hot, we had a real dence snowy slush and it melted off fine.