1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rigid Industries LED Lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ken643, Nov 23, 2015.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Anyone looking for Rigid Industries LED lighting, This guy has the best prices I have found. His name is Joe Krelle, I have been buying from him for a few years now. We all know Rigid is very expensive, but a top quality light, very very bright. He has good prices on them considering their high price. I'm not connected with him at all or benefiting from the post in any way. I just like Rigid lights and he has good prices I thought I would share.

His email: josephkrelle@yahoo.com

https://www.chitown4x4.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Also on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/chitown4x4/

Light I have installed

myjeep_rigidlights.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Have pictures? You posted in the pictures forum.

3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks, sorry my goof, I added one of my Jeep with some of the lights I put on. I also have two Dually D2 defused lens on the rear for backup lights.

4. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Personally I find them over priced still.... Considering my amazon ones are about 1/8 of the price with a 2 year warranty on them.. If they last on our atv's and side by sides with all the abuse we put them through then im sure it will handle my truck just fine

5. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i like the rigids, its kind of like set it and forget it. mine are three years old with no issue.

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

As much as I like rigid, I had great luck with the Strobes N More brand for much cheaper.

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I agree completely, their pricing is insane, very expensive. But I do like them. You would think by now they might consider lowering the pricing somewhat so they could sell even more and make even more money. A lot of people will not pay their prices for sure.

8. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i think its one of those scenarios where these days people dont mind spending money on quality and they know that. plus they have a lot of patents to pay for and those arnt cheap.

9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm about to pull the trigger on an aux LED light to mount onto my plow tower. Just waiting to see if any good Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals pop up.
    Right now my top two contenders are a Stobes N More because I've had good service from them and I like how they support this site. Although I've never bought their branded stuff, only Whelen.
    The other top contender is Rigid, American Company, American Made Product, backed with a lifetime warranty. And have you seen the video of the torture test they put their lights through? Impressive to say the least.

For the OP, the prices on the two bars I checked on the site you posted about were MSRP, not a deal IMO.

10. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I just bought another pair of Dually D2 lights for my daughters Jeep $280 shipped from him, Best deal I saw online. I usually contact him directly through email and ask what price he can do. I have been very satisfied with him , the lights and the prices, at least as satisfied as you can be with rigid's expensive lights. I will be ordering a pair of Dually D2 XL lights soon from him for my Jeep.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  11. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Item code on the set you bought? I ask because there is a Dually Line and a D2 Line, I don't see a Dually D2.

12. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

13. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I have cut ins on half of my trucks in the bumpers. Just hooked up to the reverse wire. They're perfect at night. Then on plow has a small bar between the headlights. Witch is almost to much when you windrow. They do not disappoint.

14. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

UPDATE: I just ordered a set of Dually D2XL driving lights from Joe. He told me he is clearing out his stock and will not be selling Rigid lights after his stock is gone. It seems their pricing has driven him out, there is not enough meat on the bone for him to make any money at selling them. Sorry to hear this, he always took good care of me. That being said he does sell lots of other goodies.

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Further Update: Joe just sent me a list of what he has in stock with prices. Prices do not include modest shipping. Please contact him for questions this is what he sent me.

Joe Krelle josephkrelle@yahoo.com

rigid_stock.jpg

16. jons999

jons999 Junior Member

I bought some chinese LEDs on amazon that are identical copies of the Rigids. I think they were under $40 for the pair. They have been on my truck for 2 years now and work great, and no signs of rust, corrosion, or water intrusion.

17. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Have you compaired actual mlight output and patterns between Rigid and the knock offs?m

18. jons999

jons999 Junior Member

I have not. But i have one mounted on each side of my back rack angled slightly out and they light up a huge area behind my truck and are blinding to look at. They definitely get the job done. I really like a lot of the Rigid products, I still may buy some of their flush mount bumper lights. But for a lot of applications I think they are over priced.

19. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

20. Grant11

Grant11 Junior Member

I'm very skeptical of who makes their own lights and how much of the price of rigid (and other brands) is pure marketing...
    I know I've seen some name brand LED's and warning light bars have identical copies with different branding for cheaper