1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

right wing wont move

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rickbays, Jan 1, 2009.

1. rickbays

rickbays Member

Hey guys

1st off happy new year to all. Hope everyone had a fun safe one.

Ive got a 8.2 vee on a dodge 2500 diesel. It worked fine all season. I let the truck sit over the holiday. I fired the truck today and the right wing wont move. The fuild level is fine. I hear the silonord click and wont move.

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes my plug-ins between the truck and the plow wiggle a little loose and some of the functions will work and some will not. Check your connection.

3. Snowchief

Snowchief Member

I had an RTII that had sat for a while and the solenoids made clicking sounds but wouldn't always actuate the wings. I cleaned the solenoids and everything started working.

4. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

I've been having this problem lately too. We opened the cover and found the red wire from the far right valve disconnected. Crimped it a bit and put it back on- worked fine. I hope this is the end of it. Hopefully this will be an easy fix for you too! The symtoms were the same, I could hear the solenoid and pump but the wing wouldn't move. Good Luck!

5. rickbays

rickbays Member

I got it fixed. the plug for the truck and the plow had some yuck in it. A small brush and some puckeee (ele grease) ;).

6. JDiepstra

By yuck do you mean the "grease" that goes in there to prevent rust and corrosion, or do you mean the more scientific definition of yuck?

7. rickbays

rickbays Member

lol sorry it was corrosion.

8. JDiepstra

Thanks I was just curious. I have seen a little forming on mine as well. Maybe I'll spray it with some fluid film. :salute:

9. Henry

Henry Member

I've got the opposite problem with an 8.2 rtII. When I angle from left to straight the right wing will go a little further after letting off on the stick. I'm thinking the valve might not be closing fast enough. Any other ideas? This plow hasn't been used in at least five years and very little before that but everything else works fine.