1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Right Wing will not extend. Pump will run.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Yomax4, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

Gents. I have been searching past posts and read all the trouble shooting in the manual. I have yet to find this exact issue and I am begging for help. I have an old Boss V maybe an RT1? has the pump under the hood. It is full of fluid with the plow down and wings retracted 3/4" or less from the top. When I try to extend the right wing, The pump squeals but the blade does not move. I raised it up and can easily pull the blade forward but it wont do it with the switch.. Pump just squeals.. Is she Junk?
  2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

No not necesarily. Could be a switch, could be a wire off a valve, could be a valve not opening. If it goes up and down fine pump is ok.
  3. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

Will I lose fluid if I take the valve out of the block? I think the valve can be cleaned?
  4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I would check the valve. My wiring is so old a new chunk has to get replaced here and there.
    I love my old V, shes absolutely bullet proof.
  5. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

Ok, I took the electric coil off of the hydraulic block. Cleaned the connections and ran a copper brush through it. Re-installed = Works perfectly.
    Thanks for the help..