1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

** Right Wing No Extension**

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bankroll, Feb 11, 2015.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

Hello Fellas,

I have a old style 8-10 that will no extend on the right side. If you knock it out a few inches with force it will retract no problem. When you press the extension button you hear power followed by the wine with no movement. I did knock it out a few times to eliminate the "froze up " theory. Just wondering other ideas to trouble shoot. Thanks for all your help.

2. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

sounds like your solenoid is either not getting power , check your ground wire coming from the solenoid to frame ground to be sure it isn't broken, could be in the connection to the truck , or the connection at the solenoids, get your wire tester out and be sure you are getting power out from the truck and then it should be pretty easy to find
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Frozen? How much snow is packed in there?
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Id check to see if the wing box or the wing itself is slightly bent
  5. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Or swap the hydro lines and see if it works reversed(left-right),if not you got a hang up somewhere in box
  6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

You have no idea what a PIA that is. Esp if one has to do that outside. I get water in my plug and it freezes once i clean that crap out it ususly works again. However I do have a bent slide box on one side. I normally clean the plug with break clean then use grote grease or fluid film and tape the joint of the two plugs with 3M super 88 tape that's. Ha vent done that this year thou been to lazzy.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I guess I'm spoiled! Heated shop a simple 1hr job.It is tough to work outside,I've done my share over the years.Thumbs Up Hope it works out ok