1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Right place...Right Time....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ChevKid03, Dec 10, 2009.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well I think that I LUCKED out today.... I have been searching for a 9ft MM1 for my brother that owns a Dodge and wants a plow... So I go to Craigslist and type "snow plow" in the search section.. I come across an ad that just reads "snow plow" and click on it.. It is a picture of an 08 2500HD Duramax with a 9ft Fisher Stainless X-Blade.... The ad reads this... "looking to trade my 9ft stainless X-blade for an 8ft stainless X-blade."... So I e-mail the guy and he calls me 2 hours later... We meet halfway from eachother and decide the switch is a GO.... I told him that I wanted to keep my headgear, etc so we dropped the three pins in his plow... dropped the three pins on mine and swapped moldboards.... So now I am running a 9ft Stainless X-blade and both of us got what we wanted... NO cash exchanged.... all it cost me was the 22 miles worth of diesel fuel to get there... Not too shabby!! wesport
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Good deal man! Did you ever ask why he wanted to get rid of the 9 footer? You need to update your signature now!
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I saw that on there. Knew someone would get a good deal out of it.
  4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Signature updated my friend... Yes, of COURSE I asked him.... He has a full crew cab 08 Duramax 2500HD and didn't like the way it made his truck fall on it's face... I gladly took the deal as both party's involved got what they wanted... The guy was a cool Sh*% too...
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Ya I saw it last week and after doing some roads yesterday, I saw I could have used it.... I am going to be SCREWED with the drives I do now... May need to pass a few of them off....
  6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Pics Pics Pics! lol
    Have to say, being a ford guy (that owns a dodge) your chevy is one of few I find easy on the eyes. Quite a feat lol.
  7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'll take some pics this weekend... gonna be a little short on time though... Working a double tomorrow.. 3x11 and then 11x7.. coming home Saturday morn at about 7:30 a.m.... sleeping till 1:30... going to work again 3x11.. coming home... going to dress up for some kids as santa clause at Applebees Sunday morn (oh yeah, did I mention how happy I am to be doing this?? :help: ) Then work again 3x11 on Sunday.... Let the good times roll...
  8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Come to think of it... hopefully the truck can handle this plow... I know Fisher doesn't have it on E-match for a recommendation but hey..... "they" don't recommend people go out and be with prostitutes either... some people get caught, some don't... haha
  9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I don't want to come across as a d***, but why would you go for a 9' plow if you're doing driveways with a SRW truck? I wouldn't want anything wider than an 8' plow on my HD, even the 8 footer is a little tight on some drives...

Good luck with it though- I'm sure it will serve you well- I'm just not sure why you'd want a 9 footer if you're doing drives...
  10. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I got the 9 footer because it was an upgrade, it was FREE and because I am signed up to now plow town roads. Bigger plow = more money per hour... I am subing out some of my smaller drives and keeping the bigger ones.. I do agree that it is a big plow but for roads I think it was the better choice... I didn't like how much snow I was losing around corners and such in small sub-developments... If it don't work out, I'll get something different... I'm sure someone would buy it.
  11. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Nice score! and he was not too far away.
  12. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I'll be more than happy to trade my 8'x blade for the 9 if it does not work out for you. I'll even throw in some cash.
  13. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I will keep you in mind.... If plowing for the town roads thing doesn't work out I may take you up on it.