1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Right or wrong, I bought a new VX.

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Boris02, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Boris02

Boris02 Junior Member

Hadn't planned on a new plow, found a used 8.5 VX, talked to the dealer about it in the am. went to look at it in the pm. He had sold 6 plows and the one I was going to look at was one of them. But, I found out the shoes don't come standard with a V so that was $150.00 more. Adding that and him sharpening his pencil a bit, he got so close it was a lot easier going for a new one. Now just have to get time to put it on the 02 Superduty.
    :waving:

2. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Congrats

Congrats on the new purchaseThumbs Up, I know that happens to me sometimes. if I want something but procrastinate a little bit, someone comes along on buys it on the spot. payup Looks like it worked out for ya though getting the new one instead.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice I hope you like it. Going on 3 seasons with my VX, and running it on my 02 F350 this season. The install wasn't hard at all.

4. Boris02

Boris02 Junior Member

Well, Friday nite the son in law gave me a hand on the install, not hard just time consuming. Finished up Sat. pm. with the lights and control.

Had the flu today, so didn't get at pulling the decals off from my place of work on the truck until tonight. Pulled them and gave it a quick was and clean job. I am thinking that I may end up putting an extra leaf in the front springs, It does drop it down a bit.

Friday nite I had the Dodge plow truck at work, I'm guessing it doesn't want to leave. Blew a brake line. So have to fix that before I put it on the curb.

All in all, I'm a bit excited for the first snow to come, but then not either. lol

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Drooool...

6. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

We love pictures here.

7. Boris02

Boris02 Junior Member

I have had the flu this weekend also, but will work on the pics soon. Truck is still at the shop, may bring it home today. But then it's fix the brake line on the Dodge so I can get it out on the curb for sale.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, I got the flu/head cold as well this weekend. I am tossing a leveling kit on my truck, hoping it'll keep the plow up enough. Otherwise I'm going with X Code springs.

9. Boris02

Boris02 Junior Member

I see today that I need to drop the truck mount at least one hole. The cutting edge hits the concrete at the same time the shoes do. Checked the drop of the front, at this time it only drops about an inch. So will most likely leave it for now.

10. Grizzleyadam

Grizzleyadam Junior Member

Doesn't the VX have trip edge instead of full trip? Are shoes really needed? I guess if you plow any gravel lots they would be nice.

11. Boris02

Boris02 Junior Member

It does have a trip edge, but the plow itself was high in the rear. I plow gravel yards plus push out into lawns.