1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Right or Left Hand

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by mycirus, Dec 7, 2008.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I got a new Curtis with my new to me 2500HD. It has a controller that goes on the window sill yo use with your left hand. On my brothers truck he has it on the right side. Where do you operate yours from?

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

get the touch pad then you can use it in either hand

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah my came with touch pad i wanted a joystick

4. cretebaby

You can buy the joystick and plug it right in where the touchpad plugs in if the joystick is really what you want

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

What does the touchpad look like?

6. PLOWMAN45

this is the best i can find

Snow_Plow_Touch_Pad.jpg

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Ulgth, I think I like the joystick better.

8. cretebaby

P1000229.jpg

9. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I use the joy stick on the left side, mounted on the door, works OK for me.
    Don

10. JDT

JDT Member

I started with the Joystick. Didn't like it, it was too big. I went to the touch pad last season, got sick of searching for it if you let it go. I bought the toggle looking switch one this year. I custom installed it on my lower dash because the plate bracket they give you is bigger than it shows. I sold the joystick on ebay.

11. PLOWMAN45

you mean you have the 2 joy sticks ?

12. JDT

JDT Member

No....I started with the joystick .... part # 1JS1..then I went to the Touchpad like in the picture above. This year I got the finger tip control Part # 1TBP60A. You can see it on the curtis website. I custom installed the controls, and did not use the bracket you see in their picture. Maybe some pictures are in order? I might be able to post some tomorrow!

13. PLOWMAN45

thats what i want how much wiring is involved ?

14. JDT

JDT Member

For the finger tip control, it plugs right in just like the joystick and the touch pad do. The only wiring you have to do is put the wires to the back of the toggle switches themselves. It is pretty easy. All the directions to do this are in the owners manual, all the wires are color coded. If you don't have your owners manual anymore, I found it online on the curtis website. I will try to put a picture on here tomorrow of what my custom install looks like as well as the actual brackett

15. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have my joystick mounted on the door, once you get used to it .. it's great, shift with the right and move the plow with left. One fluid motion!

16. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i have a 02 2500HD with a joy stick. it's mounted on the passangers side cup holder.
    granted i loose the cup holder, it's a good location easy to operate from.

17. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

1TBP60A is the one with the two toggle switches.... I wish they would come out with one like the Fisher or the Meyer with a single toggle switch control. That's what I really want!

18. PLOWMAN45

yup me to thats what i want also

19. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

There was a schematic to wire a Meyer Slic-Stik some where here but I'd hate to cut my harness up.

20. JDT

JDT Member

I wish I had just bought a fisher so I could have that control!