1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RIght Marker lights not working on my MM2 Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by burban, Sep 18, 2007.

1. burban

burban Junior Member

Well I stumbled onto this website which is great by the way. I have a question to ask. I recently purchased a used plow. It is a fisher MM2 approximately 3 years old. The vehicle that I have is a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD. The vehicle that my plow came off of was a 1999 Chevy silverdao "new" style. My isolation module was fine but I knew that I had to buy the correct wiring harness for ports 3 and ports 4. I got everthing wired up, and tried it out. The lights work perfectly on my truck without the plow hooked up. When I hook the plow up the lights on the truck cut out as they should and everything works perfect except one thing. My marker lights on the right side of the plow (as you are looking at the plow head on) do not work. I tried changing the bulbs, but that did not work either. The turn signals all work fine, plow lights dim high and low everything works perfect except that darn marker light! Have any one of you on here experienced this problem, or might know what it could be. Thanks for your replies.

By the way owners manual tells me to do splicing at the rear light harness for a few connections, (the one by the battery box), but I spliced into everthing down by the headlight assembly. Do you think that maybe the problem???

2. vector330ix

vector330ix Junior Member
    from nh

Blown Fuse?

Oddly enough i have 2001 with an xblade. i had 1/2 a marker light out so i opened it up and replaced the bulb. 1157 very common bulb. after i put it in. i noticed that they didnt light up.. and even worse..... the other side (which was fine...) now doesn't work. no power at all. i put my meter on the sockets.. not a drop of volts. got to be a fuse but as of yet no luck.

anyone know what that little fuse does b/t isolation 1 and 2?

do you get volts in the socket?

3. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

Too weird. I also have the same problem. I used to have an 05 duramax crew cab with a 9' x blade and then sold that got a 03 duramax and put the plow with the wiring from my old truck. When the plow was set up on my old truck a few of the parking lights/turn signals were rusted out. Just today, after I pulled the lights and put all new sockets and bulbs in the lights they still don't work. If anyone else has run into a problem like this it would be a lot of help. Thanks.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It has to be on the plow side if your getting the marker lights to work on one side of the plow. The wires for the marker lights split just past the grill connector and head to each light housing. Need to get a test light out and work from the light housing back to the grill connector.

5. vector330ix

vector330ix Junior Member
    from nh

Old Post

I completely forgot about this post. till it was replied to. I fixed this issue. near the isolation module there is an inline fuse. it looks like a plastic connector but... its not when you unclick the plastic connector there is a fuse in there. there are two fuses. one of them is for the lights. you might want to check that.

also make sure you have diogreese in your connections where the truck and plow meet. mine was just a silly fuse.

6. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

Vector, That is awesome. I am glad that you responded to the thread. I just went out the the truck, popped the hood and checked the two connectors. Lo and behold!!!- one of the fuses (the 15a fuse) was blown. I am going to get a replacement now.

7. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

Burban,
    Not that you haven't already tried this, but are you sure that you have the correct bulbs in there? I know it's a stupid question, but they make two bulbs that are almost identical, except that one only has 1 filament and the other has 2. You need the one that has 2. One filament is for the parking light and the other is for the blinking part. IF you do have the right bulbs then I would definitely agree with CRASH935, and say that it is on the plow side. And probably around where they split.

Is the ground wire screwed into the blinker? Just another thing?

8. Crash935

Its not uncommon to find a broken wire right at the back of the park/turn sockets or corrosion in the park/turn socket.

9. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

Ok, so the lights work. I put the new fuse in and they all work. So thanks for that information. I hope this will help anyone else that runs in the problem with the parking/park/marker/turn/turning lights.

Like Crash935 said, the backs of ALL my turning and parking lights were corroded. I had to replace all of them. I think from now on I will take the light cover off each year and clean out all the salt that gets inside the lights. Fisher sells new sockets and wires that can be spliced into the wires that are existing. Really easy. I took all the lights right off the truck, brought them inside where it was nice and warm. Make sure you remount the ground wire for sure. Anyways, hope any of this helps.

10. Crash935

Two words for the inside of those light buckets and terminals,,,,

Fluid Film