1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

right hours on skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rollingo16, Nov 3, 2004.

1. rollingo16

rollingo16 Junior Member

I was looking at buying a used 763. The owner says it has only 180 hours on the machine. But looking at it I would guess it had more. My question is there any way he unpluged the hour meter or something? thanks
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

it can be unpluged/disconnected, or even replaced with a new one. with that few of hours there should be close to no ware on the tires. seat should look new. absulity no play in any of the pins. hopfuly he should have service records and the only thing on them should be oil changes. I would even go so far as to say the paint should still be on the peddles if it came with that option. if it has a bucket there should be no ware on the cutting edge and even still have paint in the bucket unless it was used in some kind of a gravel pit.
    Price should be someware between 75% and 85% of new. less then that beware and more then that check around and compare.

3. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

I've got an 04 Cat skidloader with 80 hours on it and it seems to be showing wear pretty quick. I've had the tires on pavement, and that shows wear extremely quick. I've got plenty of scratches and things like that. If I were to look at mine I would say it looks like it has maybe 400 to 500 hours on it. Depends on how hard you work it, if your in woods clearing brush and having branches scrape the side of your machine if your on pavement. Pavement is a big killer on your tires. I've got more of a street radial so to speak on my Cat and a few hours on pavement and you can tell a big difference. The main thing is is to get in the machine and take for a spin, with 180 hours on it, it should perform close to brand new. Don't let the overall look of the machine discourage you to much. Maybe use it as a bargaining price. Hope that help a little.
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Well? did you buy it?
    if not why
    if you did ware are the pictures?

I just bought a 975 bobcat that the hour meter said it only had 600 hours. I figure it was a 1977 or 78 from the looks of it. Like I beleave the hour meter.

You show me yours and I will show you mine. LOL
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2004