1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

right directional does not work when wire for plow directional is spliced in

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by clp94, Mar 2, 2013.

1. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

hello all, i finished wiring my truck up for my plow 2 nights ago and the blade works phenomenal. The only issue i had come about was when i spliced in the pink wire which is for the right directional on the plow, into the right front directional wire on the truck, i get a "lamp out" indicator on my dashboard and i have no right directional on the trruck, but as soon as you take that pink wire out of the circuit, the indicator lamp goes out and the directional works as it should. i am at a loss here because when i was at the persons house picking up the plow, EVERY function in the circuit worked which leaves me scratching my head. I was told i may need to wire a resistor inline? which in that case is very doable i just dont know the specified ohm rating for this application. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou!