1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rig I started on

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SteveB(wi), Dec 26, 2004.

1. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

I started out on this rig. By the time I was old enough the table top was gone and it had a 6' meyers blade and an old blackhawk hand pump bolted to the floor. The oldest boy drove and the next in line pumped to lift the plow. When the oldest moved on to cars and girls everyone shifted left. By the time my youngest brother was ready we had bought a Scout with heat & FM radio. That old '31 Ford model A plowed a lot of snow by the time it retired around 1975. My brother is currently restoring it but won't put a plow on it. the boy in the photo is our older brother in Feb 1960.

A plow1.jpg

2. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

Wow.

Thanks for the pic & story.

~Matt

3. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

love the stroy and the pic.....did they have plows for regualr pick ups then or people just made their own?

4. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Excellent story and sweet Model-A.I love those old trucks I'm working on building an old Chevy not sure on the year yet but somewhere in the 30's era probably...

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

adjust the plow lights next time :D cool pic thanks for sharing.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

SteveB, where are you located in WI?

7. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Milwaukee, Where it was 50° today! Almost went for a bike ride. Washed cars and changed oil instead.

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

My shop isn't far from you guys. I'm in Union Grove.

9. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I'm in Pewaukee. What services do you provide in the Milwaukee? I think it would be hard to provide plowing because the driveways in milwaukee are super small and average income is around $32k.

10. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

I don't hire out, work FT for the Waterworks. I do about 8 drives for friends and family and of course my own. Most are small but where I am they are a bit bigger. Mine is 80' from the side walk to garage and my parents and their neighbor is 300' minimum. The plow I use is still the one off our old Scout, it's on it's third truck and over 30 years old.

11. Up North

Up North Senior Member

SteveB,
    Really cool pic and story that goes along with it. Would love to see pics once it's restored.

Now do me a favor and call off the Packers!!! :yow!: Can't believe they beat us twice this year...hope we meet in the playoffs, hard to beat someone 3 times in a row!

Get ready for some snow...it's on it way!

Buck

12. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

14. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Current rig

Mu current unit. 1976 Chevy K-20, 350 4bbl, 4spd, NP205 xfer, 14 bolt rear, '84 cab, '88 ford box. '72 Meyers ST 78 6½' (from my '67 Scout), Western undercarriage. I'm not partial to any manufacturer but to my wallet, no payment book!

plow3.jpg

15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

SteveB(wi),
    I guess your rig would classify as a hybrid!! She looks good and looks like it'll handle anything you can throw at it. Nice rig SteveB.

Sorry about my Vikes sending the Pack home early... :D

Buck

16. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Vikes looked good, the Pack really needs a defense. Good Luck with Philly. My truck is called "The Mutt"

17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

BEARs are still better than both Minni and the Pack.

18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Trouble maker :drinkup:
    It's not hard to beet a bunch of QUEENS " Vi Queens" :D

19. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

is that a wooden plow on that? if you look at the back of the mold board it looks wooden that would be kind of cool and nostalgic.